Time to Surface

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Captain Dunsel

Airman 1st Class
Feb 10, 2008
Near McGuire AFB, NJ
Hello there, folks. I'm Bill, a retired AF weather guy and a life-time airplane nut. I was born in 53, so I grew up when WWII aviation was still big fun - we all built Monogram, Lindberg, and Revell kits so we could play with them.

I started flying R/C in 1970, enlisted in 75, and married Micki, my dear wife (and fellow R/Cer) later that same year. We switched over to Electrics in 1987. She's a good flier, but hates to build; I'm a so-so flier, but I love building, so we make a good team. For the last few years, I've been on a Golden Age-WWII British kick (hence the HP Harrow in my avatar).

For about a year know, I've been lurking around this site, picking up useful info. For example, today I read the entire (!) worst plane of WWII thread. I figured it was time to come up from periscope depth and introduce myself, so "Hi!"

CD

Welcome to the forum, Capt! Sounds like you did your homework, checking things out. A few on here go R/C (I believe Thunder Thud is tops with that). Post some pics, join in, glad you're here!

Welcome Captain. I looked into R/C until I bought a cheap flyer (about $50) and flew it twice and I crashed in straight down in the ground. Fixed it up, flew it right into a light pole. Then I realized if I were to buy something really expensive and crash it, no one in a 300 ft radius would be safe from me I be so mad.

But welcome to the site.

Welcome to the forum Bill. Good to have you aboard. I did a lot of U-control
flying as a youngster (I grew up in the 40's) and have toyed with the R/C idea
but decided I couldn't afford it. I like to build rubber powered stuff, but don't fly them either. Again, welcome....

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back