To all those who celebrate.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So it comes around again "Thanksgiving'".Any new recipes out there you guys are trying?Me I changed the stuffing alittle added a 1/2 cup of apples :dontknow: might be interesting.The wife is doing her cornbread/sausage stuffing everyone likes that hence the competition in the kitchen with Kevin in one corner and Shirley in the other :D.I made 4 pumpkin rolls with two already having been dispensed to four of my neighbors they have been asking for the last two weeks.The wife and I were doing a recipe for a banna pie and we had the pudding done and I am looking at some of the filling for the rolls and Hmmnnn....So I started adding it to the pudding and the wife tasted and said "add more!!"it became real tasty.Next we had a 9" graham cracker crust with sliced bannas in the bottom and I said we need some chocolate shavings which Shirley goes grind up choco chips in the nut machine.Whala!! We spread that over the Bannas then went the filling.Tomorrow when it gets served we crunch some nilla waffers on top and top with whip cream.The last desert I made was a lemon cheese cake which will be topped with a homemade raspberry topping(sweet and sour combo?)

Dinner is the usual turkey in a saltwater brine for 20hours,mashed potatoes,gravy,green bean casserole,peas,cauliflower,cranberry sauce and dinner rolls.This year it kinda of light only eight for dinner with others coming by afterwards for the buffet line :D.One year it was twelve with six more coming later.I hope everybody has a happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

We all know the familiar painting done by Norman Rockwell of a family Thanksgiving dinner. It has become iconic. Well, maybe too much.....

Happy Turkey Day All!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 333
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 316
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 486
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 330
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 299
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 447
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 341
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 354
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 290
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 326
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 282
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 304
To all the members of our forum, wherever you are; a happy thanksgiving to you. Even if you don't celebrate it, please raise a beer in cheer and be thankful for what we all have.

Don't I wish!!!!
Biggedt turkey I can get over hear is about 4 pounds. Now how can you Bar B Q a 4 pound turkey????
Cranberries are frozen, I make my own sauce.

But all yous in the States, hope you had a good one.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Actually been celebrating all week, since we had several Thanksgivings to do. Today will be my 4th this week and we have one on Friday as well.

Man I am going to have to live in a gym...

Hoping all you folks who celebrate Thanksgiving, have a very nice (burp) day. Those of you who imbibe, stay off the highways....

While you guys and gals are stuffing your face, think of Wojtek (Wurger) who is on duty, today, keeping the skies
over Poland safe for aircraft of all nations.

Charles

Last edited:
Hoping all you folks who celebrate Thanksgiving, have a very nice (burp) day. Those of you who imbibe, stay off the highways....

While you guys and gals are stuffing your face, think of Wojtek (Wurger) who is on duty, today, keeping the skies
over Poland safe for aircraft of all nations.

Charles

:salute:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back