To Surf or Not To Surf....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There hasnt been a thread about Surfing here, so I'd thought I'd throw one up and see who salutes....

As far as I know, only Adrian (Udet) and myself are either Surfers or former Surfers with bad knees..... The pics below are of my board, a WRV (Wave Riding Vehicles) 6'10" Thruster shaped by Manville and purchased at the 17th Street Surf Shop in Virginia Beach, Virginia way back in 1993...

Stand up and be counted as a TRUE Waterman.... Pics of ur boards are HIGHLY encouraged....

Attachments

• ~Friday 014.jpg
    ~Friday 014.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 231
  • ~Friday 017.jpg
    ~Friday 017.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 229
  • ~Friday 018.jpg
    ~Friday 018.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 235
  • ~Friday 022.jpg
    ~Friday 022.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 232
  • ~Friday 025.jpg
    ~Friday 025.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 231
Never really surfed, boogey boarded for 10 years though, i used to make skim boards for people when i was in school, that was a lot of fun till you fell:D

. The pics below are of my board, a WRV (Wave Riding Vehicles) 6'10" Thruster shaped by Manville and purchased at the 17th Street Surf Shop in Virginia Beach, Virginia way back in 1993...

FWIW, Dan, The 17th Street Surf Shop is still there !!

I have lived eight miles from the Atlantic for 40 years, and have never so
much as put my big toe in the water. Our beach is too full of riff-raff,
boom-box noise, hookers and punks.

Charles

I surfed for a short time in 1979 - had a Morey Doyle (Don't laugh) and a tri-scag Zephyr, 7' (If I remember). - both were borrowed for the summer. Basically I sucked, but it was a lot of fun - surfed around LA - Hermosa, Redondo, Manhattan

*sits and wonders when the hell Les took the board out back and got picts*

being drug off there now, by my KINDA new husband...hopefully I won't get harpooned and rolled back into the briny!!

Cool, I'm not up to date on the Compound stuff anymore. Shoot mainly a custom Longbow and Recurve. I'll stop hijacking your surfing thread now.
Never tried surfing, not fond of drowning as I cannot swim very well and was never comfortable in the water. Tried Sailboarding once, but could not remain verticle very long.

I live on a peninsula with heap of great surfing back beaches.
Then on a place called Phillip island a beach named Woolami attracts a ton of people, cant move when a tournament is going.
Then on the other side of the city (Melbourne) is Bells beach, one of the greatest in the world.
My cousin is very big surfy, just turned 40 and still going strong.

Still on my to do list funnily enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back