To Surf or Not To Surf....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, he got slammed into the rocks, bad. Lifeguards got to him and he was airlifted out, but I don't think he made it to the hospital. I am a confident swimmer, but I don't think I would get into that kind of surf. You can get into big trouble real fast in that surf. 15+ foot waves and a vicious rip current are a bit much, even for experienced swimmers.

acerus, sweet shots and cool board, thanks for sharin' them! :thumbleft:

Crazy storm surge bringing in the heavy surf out on the coast!

The problem many people don't realize, is that the beach is naturally shaped for light/moderate surf. The southern current and shape of the coast means that when you get a storm surge in, the heavy waves do not behave in the same way as the "normal" surf...you get sharp breaks higher on shore, and most of the time, this produces a nasty rip-tide.

That's why these dillweeds jump out there and get thrashed (and killed) because they don't know what they're doing (both stick body surfing).

And that shark video was some funny sh!t!!

:shock: Damn, that was close! While snapping boards may not be uncommon in heavy surf, it's not something you hear about much here in SoCal. Especially not 2 snaps in one day. This is one heck of a storm surge and the surfers are in hog heaven.

Man, so many People from California here.
I guess when you saw my Pictures of Waves you will laugh but this is close to the best we get here in Germany.
Also the best Waves visit´s our Shore in Winter and Spring. That means Water Temps about 4 - 7 Degreees Celsius. And that means a lot of Neoprene to wear and a lot of dedication to this Sport! 8)
To became a taste of the Noth Sea here a little Movie shot in Denmark made by Friends of mine:
http://www.soul-surfers.de/videos/daenemark_surfvideo_december_gold.php

And a great Vid about Dutch Surfing:

TAM - Surfing video - Swelltube.com - Broadcast your Surfing videos

As you see in the Vids the Waves here are nearly all breaking Close out. That makes it not easier....;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back