todays bf109s, me262, and fw 190

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Interesting. Couldn't make out what the guys were yelling in the background but sounds like a bit of comic relief.

I think both those 109s have since been bashed up in ground accidents IIRC.

The footage of the 109's and the Spitfire was taken from the DVD.. Me 109_One Summer - Two Messerschmitts.
Some fantastic footage on that to be seen.

Attachments

• onesummerdvdreviewal_1.jpg
    onesummerdvdreviewal_1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 248
  • onesummerdvdreviewal_2.jpg
    onesummerdvdreviewal_2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 246
I was lucky to be at Duxford when the two 109's flew and it was luck as it wasn't a normal flying display I just went mid week to have a look around. The year was 1996. A rather poor photo is attached.

Attachments

• Duxford Black 6 and ANO 1996 a.jpg
    Duxford Black 6 and ANO 1996 a.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 238
It was but what intrested me was that they were supposed to be the same version yet there were some obvious differences.

...what interested me was that they were supposed to be the same version yet there were some obvious differences.

These two aircraft are of same version, namely Bf 109G or "Gustav" as this version was nicknamed, but they are of different sub-variants. The one in desert camouflage is G-2 model (entered service in 1942) and the other one is G-10 model (entered service in 1944). There are other differences between this two sub-variants other then their appearance - like engines, armament, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back