Top Five Songs , Top Five Albums (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

plan_D

Lieutenant Colonel
Apr 1, 2004
I'm expanding my music collection with my massing money ... so I need some ideas on what to buy. I think we all know my music taste by now. So, at this moment in time list your top five favourite songs and albums .

Naturally I'll appreciate the imput of Chris, Eric and Dan much more than the rest of you scum , but you're all more than welcome to join in. Or ... just tell me some albums I should buy , and none of this new CRAP British indie shite ... and any mention of Oasis means you're a cock sucking butt sniffing rancid bacon eating coke fiend ... called Fido.

Hmm, tough call as you probably have most of what I would recommend for your tastes. But I would say if you don't have these, go look for them:

Temple of the Dog
Dream Theater- just about any of them.
Steve Vai- Passion and Warfare
Joe Satriana- Surfing with the Alien (other Satch albums are good too)
Marc Bonilla- EE Ticket (American Matador is good also)
Eric Johnson- Ah Via Musicom

Poop from my vault- oldies but goodies- old faves
UFO- Lights Out
Rush- 2112
Michael Schenker- Built to Destroy
Black Sabbath- Heaven and Hell
Yes- 90125
Triumph- Allied Forces
Styx- Grand Illusion
ACDC- Back in Black

I am sure there are more, these are just off the top of my head and in no particular order.

Hmmm...

1. Pink Floyd- "The Dark Side of the Moon"
2. Yes- "Yes"
3. Genesis- "Wind and Wuthering"
4. Dire Straits- "Dire Straits"
5. Jethro Tull - "Heavy Horses"

Frank Zappa - Sheik Yer Bouti ...Frank was the ultimate musician but he tended not to make his music commercially viable lyrics etc Steve Vai also played with Zappa
Genesis - Trick of the Tail
Yes - Fragile
Max Webster- High Class and Borrowed Shoes (Canadian rockers from the 70s 80s)

Jesus, I couldn't begin to list my top five. I listen to everything from metal to R&B to country to classical. :-k
Absolutely no rap though. Gotta draw the line somewhere. :puke:

So much for my scum input.

Not only did Steve Vai play with Zappa, he transcribed the music to sheet music :shock: That is a daunting task given the technical complexity of Frank's music.

Haven't heard that Max Webster album, PB, but I used to own Universal Juveniles (I think that is what it was called, it was the one with "Battlescar")>

That reminds me of another one from the vault, Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush.

yeah not many could keep up to Frank I heard his version of Stairway to Heaven and it made Zeppelin sound like a garage band

Well here are my top 5 albums of all time:

1. Master Of Puppets - Metallica
2. Appetite For Destruction - Guns N Rose
3. The Wall - Pink Floyd
4. Blizzard of Ozz - Ozzy Osbourne
5. Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin

My Top 5 Songs of All Times:

1. Sanitarium (Welcome Home) - Metallica
2. November Rain - Guns N Roses
3. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
4. Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
5. Master Of Puppets - Metallica

I could strick in my 5 favourite albums, but you wouldnt like it ;)

Agree with your statement on the British indie shit though...where the hell's the originality? Its all the freakin same...

GrG ... any list you produce would be the biggest load of bull on this planet. I'm pretty sure your music collection is a scar on music itself !

Eric, I only actually have Temple of the Dog (Of course, big Pearl Jam and Soundgarden fan here ! )and Back in Black (I now have six AC/DC albums) from your list.

List 'em anyway, CC ...

Fine. ;)

Something Corporate - Leaving Through the Window
Muse - Absolution (They have a new one coming out soon though...)
The Used - In Love and Death
Fall Out Boy - From Under The Cork Tree
Brand New - Deja Entendu (or Your Favourite Weapon, s'all good...)
Funeral For A Friend - Hours

Prolly my favourite albums at the moment...

plan_D said:
GrG ... any list you produce would be the biggest load of bull on this planet. I'm pretty sure your music collection is a scar on music itself !

Eric, I only actually have Temple of the Dog (Of course, big Pearl Jam and Soundgarden fan here ! )and Back in Black (I now have six AC/DC albums) from your list.

List 'em anyway, CC ...

Well then, the Steve Vai Passion and Warfare should be in your collection for sure. Steve is amazing. The song "For the Love of God" alone is one of my all time favorites. I am sure you will enjoy "The Audience is Listening" too.

Steve Vai's Flex-able album is good too, but it is a bit on the weird side. Heavy Zappa influence on that album. But I love "The Attitude Song" on that album. I don't think you would be disappointed with any of Vai's stuff, it heavy and in your face, just the way you like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back