top ten in korean

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Open up a book and find out... Better yet...........

Attachments

• zzzask_google_136.jpg
    zzzask_google_136.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 310
Glider said:
The only change I would make is to swap the F84 for the Meteor for ground attack.

I was thinking about that - I chose the F-84 because I felt it was a little more advanced than the Meteor. I also read accounts of Russian Korean War Vets who gave the F-84 commendable marks....

True and understandable. However in those hot and high conditions the extra power must help when carrying a heavy load.
Book figures in ideal conditions often bare little resembalance to reality in places like Korea. None of the early jets could be said to have a abundance of power and the extra thrust would have been welcome.

They both carried around 2000ib bombs but I would prefer the 4 x 20 compared to the 6 x HMG.

Glider said:
.They both carried around 2000ib bombs but I would prefer the 4 x 20 compared to the 6 x HMG.

Agree - especially for ground attack or for dealing with a Mig.

jrk said:
thats a dashed bad show flyboy :D

I gotta call it as I see it - the AD could carry 2x it's weight in ordenance - The F4U, despite being a WW2 holdover was employed in ground attack and as a nightfighter and accounted for several kills....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back