Top ten list of motorists peeves

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Man my night vision is the $hits. Getting older sucks. I used to love driving at night. Now it makes me slightly nervous. Thank God I won't live to see 65. I'd be incontinent AND unable to drive.

Oh, there is plenty of material to work with in this list, and it's all pretty well known, but what has struck me lately is the current switch to LED and Xenon lights...

Now what dimwit decided that an array of 20+ ultra-bright LEDS was a good idea for a tail-light? :mad:

Try following a new car down a road at night:

a) Your night vision is completely shot because of the high level of continuous light in front of you
b) It's harder to overtake safely
c) It's harder to read the road and anticipate trouble
d) The brake lights are even brighter to overcome the initial high level of the tail-light, leading to near dazzling - again, not safe.
f) People will adapt (maybe) to ultra-bright lights and eventually start failing to notice vehicles 'normal' levels of lighting.

Our ancestors could hunt by starlight - they would laugh at how pathetic we are becoming...

I love the boobs who drive on clear, moon-lit nights with their FOG LIGHTS on - yet on foggy days, don't have a light on for nothing!! And these are mostly GREY cars and trucks. Brilliant!!

Man my night vision is the $hits. Getting older sucks. I used to love driving at night. Now it makes me slightly nervous. Thank God I won't live to see 65. I'd be incontinent AND unable to drive.

Now tell me, Matthew, why won't you live to be 65 ??

I'm 76 and still have no problem driving in the rain, at night, in the snow, or a combination of the three.
As a matter of fact, I like to drive in the rain ! The harder it rains the better I like it.

One night, coming out of San Diego, it was raining very hard, so I was following a semi. Let him lead the
way, sez I ! Followed him right into a closed gas station. He's had enough of the rain, and was pulling in.

Charles

I love the boobs who drive on clear, moon-lit nights with their FOG LIGHTS on - yet on foggy days, don't have a light on for nothing!! And these are mostly GREY cars and trucks. Brilliant!!

I find I see far better with no lights in fog, I'd much rather drive that way, but prudence says use them so the other chump can see me

Dumbf%cks that are in a big hurry to get into a parking spot at the mall. This happened to me at lunch today. Was coming out of Barnes Noble and approaching a SUV in a Handicap spot, as I get close (on foot) she puts her car in reverse and starts to back up, I had to stop walking rather quickly and was just starting to cuss under my breath. She almost backed into me, but then I turned my head slightly and some other dumbf%ck was rocketing into the handicap spot I was partially still walking in and nearly took me out from behind. WTF is the hurry, you're flipping handicapped, your probably not going anywhere fast once your parked!!!! No offense at the handicapped, but WTF!!!

That, or they were perfectly fine, but using a plackard/license plate of a friend/relative who was handicapped....which is worse, IMO.

I love the idiots who circle the parking lot several times (cutting through empty parking spots to short-cut the next row) just so they can get a spot that's two places closer to the store. Frikkin get your lazy butt out and walk from a spot five cars further back, its not going to kill you! ...although the idiots zipping in to the handicapped spot might.

I just came back from a two day trip to southern Cal, for the 3rd weekend in a row.... oh my - it may be a while before my blood pressure returns to normal.

here's my list...enjoy my rant as my sarcasm seems to be on overdrive.

1. Just because California is on the left coast, doesn't mean we all switch to traveling in the left lane.

2. There are big signs in CA on I-15 (all over the place mind you) that say SLOW TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT. so here are my tips....

a. if you look in your rear view mirror and you see cars getting bigger, faster.... you're slow- move over
b. if you see lights coming at your car really fast..... you're slow, move over
c. if I flash my lights at you..... you're slow, move over
d. if you're being passed on the right........ you're slow, move your a$$ over
e. if your car is chugging up the hill..... you're slow, move over
f. if you're going 69mph in a 70 zone... you're slow (we're all going 80), MOVE OVER ALREADY
g. if trucks in the truck lane are passing you..... you're dam slow, freakin move over

(I swear, I'm making those into signs to hold up to drivers my next trip to so. cal.)

3. In Nevada the cars MERGING on to the highway have the right away--- move your butt to the left to let them on- it's not like you can't see them

4. In Nevada, the cars merging on to the highway have the right away--- freakin speed up to get on the highway, cuz I'll rear end you if you're only going 30mph into a 70mph zone.

5. If it says lane closed ahead, merge left... freakin merge left... WTF are you waiting until the cones are dragging under your car for???? If everyone freakin just merged and stopped trying to rush ahead to cut in thereby having to slam on their breaks at the lanes end-- there'd be no traffic jam at the merge point. DUH

6. BTW if you do try to fly by me, I'm not letting you in :) I'll speed up just to see if you can break before hitting the cones. :)

7. get off my tail... I'd love a new car and will gladly take one in the a$$. How's your insurance? (Yup- that's going on a bumper sticker)

8.When the flashing lights are on the OTHER side of the median-- you do not need to slow down. The police officer is not going to stop what he's doing, jump his car over the 3 foot concrete barrier and chase you down for going 5 miles over the limit. While we're at it- freakin speed up.

9. When energency vehicles are flashing lights on the highway--- DO NOT STOP. What kinda moron slams on their breaks on the highway to cut across 3 lanes of traffic going 75mph then stops in the right lane?? HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL! If I had had a metal folding chair I would've knocked that driver into next week to try to put some sense into their empty head.

10. When traffic is not going fast enough in the left lane for you, there's probably a reason, like a big truck is passing another truck- I can see them, can't you? If you speed up and pass us all on the right you're not going to go anywhere.... duh. (And again- I'm not letting you back in so don't even try. Oh, and I will box your a$$ in behind the truck for a while too, cuz that just makes my day and maybe you'll learn your lesson)

11. When you are turning right, your car does not need to swing to the left first. And vise versa when turning left, your car does not need to swing right. I realize maybe 40 years ago, those big boats with crappy steering did, however your car is a 2000 model- it will turn just fine from the lane you are in.

12. And lastly gentlemen, when stopping on the side of a highway to pee during a traffic-jam, it would be nice if you'd at least attempt to park your motorcycle at an angle and attempt to stand behind it, so those of us in stop and go traffic in the right lane aren't caught off guard by a full-on profile shot. (and yes, there were young girls in the car- good thing they were texting at the time) Or maybe go about 10 feet to the left and stand behind the tree.

I swear an IQ test needs to be given with a driver's test from now on. Sometimes I wonder how they managed to put the key in the ignition.

:) Yes, all that happened within the last 3 weekends.

Well, I'm off to visit Barne Noble during my lunch hour today. Last two times (over last two weeks) Ive been nearly run over both times by crazeds people trying to get to a parking spot in a hurry. Keep you fingers crossed that I survive this trip in the same amount of pieces as I'm in right now!!!!
If you don't hear from me again after today you'll know someone run me down!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back