Tornado F3?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Now that 'Mig eater' rings a bell ! Sure I saw that one advertised.

There's two sets that have the Mig Eater. Time to send the order into Hannants. Thank goodness they are just decals so I can avoid that 30 pound minimum order for kits.

Thanks for those links Vic. :D

Last edited:
Glad to see you found them. Yep, that minimum order is a right pain. It used to be a reasonable amount, but now, I'm put off ordering just one item, as I'd have to 'make up' the order to clear the minimum, unless of course it's decals. I need a set of resin wheels for the Tempest, at under £3 - but it's going to cost me a fortune, by adding other items, just to get the darned things!

Glad to see you found them. Yep, that minimum order is a right pain. It used to be a reasonable amount, but now, I'm put off ordering just one item, as I'd have to 'make up' the order to clear the minimum, unless of course it's decals. I need a set of resin wheels for the Tempest, at under £3 - but it's going to cost me a fortune, by adding other items, just to get the darned things!

I ended up ordering both sets to get over the £6 minimum limit - Hannats has two sets of prices, one for the EU and one for Export (to the US). I would have been fine with either set, but each of them ended up being £5.90 for export (just under £6). So I had to get both, and there wasn't anything I had saved in my shopping cart from my prior visit. :lol:

The Tempest is 1/32 right?

Nah, it's the old AMT/Ertl/Esci 1/48th scale kit. The kit, although plain, is ok overall, just needs a bit of work for interior detail and so on. But the wheels are totally plain - can't do anything with them.
BTW, I've just remembered. SBX Models stock, or can get, many of the items Hannant's have, including Xtracolour paints and Xtradecals. They don't have a minimum order, and, in the UK anyway, shipping is free; I think to the 'States it's charged at cost. Just 'Google' SBX Models. and you'll find them. They're based just down the road from Hannant's, in Ipswich itself. I've only used them once so far, for some clear decal sheets, but they were easy to deal with, and e-mailed me to say the order was on the way, after being out of stock.

Nah, it's the old AMT/Ertl/Esci 1/48th scale kit. The kit, although plain, is ok overall, just needs a bit of work for interior detail and so on. But the wheels are totally plain - can't do anything with them.
BTW, I've just remembered. SBX Models stock, or can get, many of the items Hannant's have, including Xtracolour paints and Xtradecals. They don't have a minimum order, and, in the UK anyway, shipping is free; I think to the 'States it's charged at cost. Just 'Google' SBX Models. and you'll find them. They're based just down the road from Hannant's, in Ipswich itself. I've only used them once so far, for some clear decal sheets, but they were easy to deal with, and e-mailed me to say the order was on the way, after being out of stock.

Not exactly a match, but I have a set of 1:48 resin wheels for a La5 FN. You want to use them for the Tempest?

Thanks for the offer Dwight, but I've just ordered the wheels from Hannant's! As I needed a couple of other things, which I'd normally buy locally, I thought 'what the heck', and included them on the order to beat the minimum order charge!
Thanks very much though!

Thanks for the offer Dwight, but I've just ordered the wheels from Hannant's! As I needed a couple of other things, which I'd normally buy locally, I thought 'what the heck', and included them on the order to beat the minimum order charge!
Thanks very much though!

You're welcome.

That's how they suck us in, right? "i just need this one liitle thing. But look at all the goodies!"

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back