Trip to Maryland.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

beaupower32

Tech Sergeant
Jun 10, 2007
Lancaster, California
Well, back at the end of October I got to go to Pax River Maryland to start training on the F-35B STOVL model for when we get them out here at Edwards. It will be a lot of work but lots of fun. Anyways, I got lucky cause my wife's parents are at Pax River cause her dad works on the F-18's there, so basically I got free room and board. Another plus was taking the wife and kids along, so it was a vacation that I had to work. Well while we were there, we went to the national air and space museum and got some great photos. I have a few here, but when I get home tomorrow, I will post the rest.

Also, after talking to my finanical adviser (aka the wife) I will be starting flying lesson's on Wednesday. So excited about this. Anyways, on to a few pictures....

View attachment 217104
View attachment 217105
View attachment 217106
View attachment 217107
View attachment 217108

The coolest thing was the space shuttle Discovery. Never realized how big it was. Got to see the only remaining Do-335, again amazing how big it was. Also got to see the Ar-234, which actually is quite small, and the Fw-190. The 190 is actually a A-7 that was converted to a F-8. I will post more pictures later, hope you enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but they require you to work two days a week for 3 hours out there. I just dont have the time to do that during the week. Plus Barnes is right by my house, so it is easier to do it at Barnes.

Yeah, but they require you to work two days a week for 3 hours out there. I just dont have the time to do that during the week. Plus Barnes is right by my house, so it is easier to do it at Barnes.
WHAT! That's crazy! Never did that when I flew there and I know other aeroclubs don't do that. If you're close to Barnes that might be the way to go, besides it's a lot less restrictive than flying out of the base. Good luck!!!

It was a great trip, and I got to see some great airplanes. Being next to the Enola Gay gave me kind of a weird feeling, almost to the point of being un-easy. Dont know why, Ive been around many planes, but for some reason it was that one. I guess knowing that it dropped the Atomic Bomb had something to do with it for sure, but it sure was weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back