Triumph Trident - WIP (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Clave

Senior Master Sergeant
Jun 15, 2005
Deep in suburban Surrey
I started this project a week or so ago, just for something different to do - It has turned out to be a lot harder than I expected! :shock:

Anyway, here's the progress so far:

wheel.jpg

Trident_Progress_001.jpg

Triumph_Trident_Prog2.jpg

Triumph_Trident_Prog3.jpg

I remember seeing Slippery Sam when they used to race at Silverstone race track went like stink but like all Tridents ( most British bikes) dropped oil like there was no tomorrow.

I love old british bikes, looking alright Clave!

Just to be different the British designs thought the cylinder casing should come together in halves vertically :shock:

Old man had a Rocket 3 back in his day.

Iv'e had a few Beezer's in my time Heinz and a couple of Triumph's they were all pre unit construction. I got fed up using brown paper and a small hammer tapping out new gaskets for the cases then loads of Hermatite gasket goo and buttoning it back together till it sarted weeping again. As you say once the Jap bikes came out with horizontal crank case seals the problem was solved.

I don't know a huge amount about Brit bikes, but I do know that the Trident had a bit of name for itself, also it is a great shape overall, so classically of that time..

As for a drawing project, it's been pretty hellish at times - I am up to 140 layers so far, with a load more fiddly bits to do yet!

Users who are viewing this thread