Trucks!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Thought that it would be cool to have a thread with trucks, to go with the car thread we've got going....new and old!8)
Same as most, if not everything else, I think that todays trucks lack something on the style compartment, even if they're as comfy as your own house....8) :lol:

Start with this one, the worlds most powerful truck, the Volvo FH16 700! I think that we in Sweden must have the biggest and heaviest trucks running on our roads today, 60 ton and 25.25 metres long, second to the famous "roadtrains" in Aussie land, but, as it says, they're roadtrains NOT trucks! :lol:

Attachments

• volvofh16_700_wallpaper.jpg
    volvofh16_700_wallpaper.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 11,678
Prefer those older KW's and PB's, when they looked like trucks, the streamlined ones are just plain ugly. So ugly that even your cat wouldn't drag any in!

Like these two! 8)

Attachments

• dm_kw_k100_vit_indianapolis.jpg
    dm_kw_k100_vit_indianapolis.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 3,662
  • dm_pb_359_dealership_indianapolis.jpg
    dm_pb_359_dealership_indianapolis.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 3,908
My uncle still owns a mid 70's Diamond Reo that he drove into the ground and finally retired in the early 90's. It is sitting out in the pasture awaiting restoration with several farm tractors. It is aboutthe same body style as the one in the picture below.

Attachments

• diamond_reo_6.jpg
    diamond_reo_6.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 4,559
Speaking of powerful trucks, we have one in the area called the "Beast from Burney" and it's a converted "deuce and a half" being used as a water truck for forest fires. It's packing a Detroit 318 and a modified transmission on the beefed up original 6-wheel drive. It used to twist drivelines until they replaced those with custom ones.

The outfit that owns it also runs Oshkosh water tenders, and the Beast still gets up into remote areas that would spook a mountain goat.

I've done two-way radio work on it, and had the chance to drive it...and I love it!

Attachments

• Beast_1.jpg
    Beast_1.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 3,717
Last edited by a moderator:
Cool shots of the Mack, Aaron!

Here's a pic of my neighbor's Ford dumptruck (across the street from me) and the second photo is some BIG stuff at work at a mountaintop quarry (elevation 4,900 feet) a few minutes north of here...the city in the background is Redding, and if you look all the way to the left of the photo and travel 550 miles south...that's syscom's neck of the woods :lol:

Attachments

• Ford_dumptruck2a.jpg
    Ford_dumptruck2a.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 499
  • IMGP1856a.jpg
    IMGP1856a.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 454

Users who are viewing this thread

Back