Trump Prinz Eugen 1/350

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
I guess it's appropiate to go ahead and start a thread on the Eugen and trust me it will be a slow build until the deck are down.;) The poop deck has been completed and weathered with the main deck has had it's second color with tape for the third being applied lets the main deck is @65-70% and it has about 12hrs in at the moment.The poop deck took about 8 hrs to finish with just laying tape and listeing to the radio if even for just 30 minutes to an hour per session.The new wood decks are the big craze it seems right now and quite few do look really nice but price and the fact the thickness detracts some the mould on deck pieces.So I am doing an older appliction taking alittle longer but methinks if I do screw up in the process it will be worth it.The Hs123a is the diversion from the the little strips of tape :).

Attachments

• Graf spee 002.jpg
    Graf spee 002.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 176
  • Graf spee 003.jpg
    Graf spee 003.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 164
  • Graf spee 004.jpg
    Graf spee 004.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 172
  • Graf spee 005.jpg
    Graf spee 005.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 173
  • Graf spee 007.jpg
    Graf spee 007.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 181
Good stuff Kevin. Just seen the adverts for the 1/200th scale Bismark - impressive, and at around £180 in the UK, I guess a good price for such a large kit (over 3 feet long).

That's a bigg'in Terry and at 1/200 should show some really nice details.The next ship I would be after is the Italian battleship Roma it really has a nice layout armament wise.This is color chart from the 1/350 Trump kit.

Attachments

• TR053181.jpg
    TR053181.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 334
Thanks Andy it's painstaking but I think it will be worth it.No pics tonite what I got started on was I applied the base to the diorama talking about the wood part.I had made the frame some time back and got it all glued and clamped up tonite.I have not decided yet what speed the Eugen will be going and have to consider at what speed would the S-100 be tagging along at?Maybe make the S-100 booking it and the Eugen moving at a much slower rate?That might add some nice action.The Hs123 is about to get some paint so pics of that may be inbound by weeks end ;)

getting alittle burned out on A/C of late so headed back in the nautical direction.I P/U the Pontos Wood Deck seems they are pretty thin.I stopped on this project years back it is just to much taping I probably would of had 30-50hrs just painting the planks.While I think there is an advantage to that technique but with the decks being made so thin now .010" or less I am moving on.The main deck is only two layers of paint a third was still to be applied which I was 1/4 of the way taping off just to show the effect.
Prinz Eugen 001.JPG
Prinz Eugen 002.JPG

Kevin has passed the time, but it is good that you return to your project. It is an emblematic ship; I will be aware of your progress. Best regards. :thumbup:

Thsk Geo ;)

Kevin has passed the time, but it is good that you return to your project. It is an emblematic ship; I will be aware of your progress. Best regards. :thumbup:

Yes it has Luis and maybe I will get some of that mojo back for details and weathering.I started painting abit more of the 127 Humbrol this evening was surprise I have not ordered no barrels for the guns but kits are hollowed and look the part.I do have the kit supplied PE and the White Ensign PE kit along with Radu PE bender for long stretches like cranes I have not used much yet.I also acquired a nice 3D book with rigging info.I am still thinking the Dio except I will have to make another base used the last in my Avatar.;)

Good stuff Kevin. I still have my USS Princeton staring at me accusingly. The there's a DKM Scharnhorst and Graf Spee in the stash.

Good stuff Kevin. I still have my USS Princeton staring at me accusingly. The there's a DKM Scharnhorst and Graf Spee in the stash.
I have done the Graf Spee with the old technique though not as much wood and more enthusiasm but these Ponto's Decks measure out @0.0075" what you see here is about 3-4hrs and easy.Oh Andy is the Sharnhorst the Dragon?That's a Nice Kit they say instructions aliitle vague. FINISHED: The Battle of River Plate

Prinz Eugen 001.JPG

Prinz Eugen 001.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back