Trumpeter 1/32 P-51B?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dneid

Staff Sergeant
Oct 31, 2012
Austin, TX
Hey, Guys,
Anyone have any knowledge or experience with this kit? Found one on ebay and I am considering it.
Dale

Well, Guys,
You all just saved me a few bucks to say the least. Even at $65 on ebay, I expect a better kit than described. Thanks!!!
Dale

When I first saw this kit released, when it was 'only' about £38 (now around £50 in the UK !!), I thought "I've got to get that!".
Then I read the reviews, and saw examples of the finished model!
It seems to be a 'thing' with some Trumpeter kits, getting the shape wrong - and charging the earth!

It's rather astonishing that the basics of some kits are so wrong with what is at their disposal these days...and sometimes if they would just ask, they would actually get the right answer to getting things correct!

Yep. The Airfix 1/48th scale Bf109E is a prime example - no one seems to have queried the 'G' type canopy, or noticed that the main gear legs are partly extended, due to being on jacks, on the RAF Museum example used as a pattern. The result is a very good kit which could have been an excellent kit, for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back