Trumpeter 1/32 Swordfish

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Venganza

Senior Airman
Sep 13, 2008
Terra
I don't know if anybody else has seen this, but the Trumpeter 1/32 Swordfish is listed as a new item on Hannants' website for 52.16 pounds sterling (export), or 59.98 in the EU. Check it out! I don't know if I should just buy it now or wait for the reviews.

Venganza

Last edited:
Had one of these models ( not Trumpeter ) years ago when i was a kid beautiful model a real classic

Hmm. Having seen some of the fit and inaccuracy issues with many Trumpeter kits, which are not cheap, I think I'd wait and see first. Fortunately, BB has one on the way, so that should help!
I think any fit problems with this aircraft type could seriously affect its construction, and the look of the finished model, due to the design, and especially the fact that it's a biplane.
Having said that, if any problems are minor, it should be a very impressive model when completed. And bl**dy big!

Got some dimensions guys its big the wingspan is about 443mm and the fuselage is 336mm also comes with two colour schemes sort of both are grey+green over white but do differ there is a review of kit parts in scale aviation modeller this month .BB

Iv,e check those out before wayne thats what spured me on to get one of those birds i think i gave the wrong dimensions last time .Ok now the right ones the wing span is 433.5mm and the fuselage is 344mm making it a pretty hefty kit i can,t wait i like my birds big if you get what i mean Ha Ha .BB

Just been informed by the company i,m getting the swordfish from that it should be with me in the next couple of days YEHAAAAA.BB

Well guys the swordfish arrived todayand i must say it looks very good the detail is very sharp photo eched bracing wires and rubber tires the cockpit looks a real gem the seats have photo eched seat belts ,the rear machine gun also has photo eched sights .The engine is built up from ten parts ,the cockpit has all the treliss work too the wings have the option of being folded or open but this is either or in other words they do not swing the front windscreen is a nice touch as it is part of the upper decking so those of us with fat fingers won,t get glue all over the screen there is als an pe gunsight for the forward machine guns this took me sometime to find until i found it hangs from the mid section of the upper wing the torpedo is made up of nine parts this includes the cradle .There are markings for two aircraft but no sqadrons are given the paint number very good giveing mr hobby ,model master,tamiya ,humbrol this has been just a quick look at what seems to be a very well thought out kit i will post some picks as soon as i can .Ihave a very good feeling about this kit.BB Ps it does tell what sqadrons they are its on the side of the box Doe?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back