Trumpeter 1/48 C-47? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A very good question old boy! I've read the reviews, and seen a photo of a built and painterd example and, although it looked good, I can't for the life of me see where they get the price from!
OK, it's got a lot of detail, especially in the cockpit and nav area, but most of this can't be seen anyway. Also, the fin and rudder are apparently inaccurate, visible in the photo, and an aftermarket resin set is available to correct this.
The old Monogram (Revell) kit is a beaut, with sufficient detail in general. Some might argue that it's got raised panel lines - but so has the real thing, on the fuselage anyway!
There's a heck of a difference between approximately £23 and £70 - can't figure out why!
I actually want to do a Dak, and I know which kit it will be when I eventually get one!

Thought I'd told you? There's a Tante Ju at King Kit, military version, for £29.99 old boy.

I got mine from Amazon.... and Jan, I know some people take money from paychecks to put a way for bills, etc........ you've introduced me to a whole new category, modeling funds.

Expensive isn't always better :evil4: !!!

True! Just been thinking about the Eduard v Revell/Monogram etc. 1/48 Bf 110...not £70 there, you get two Eduard Bf '110's for the price of one Trumpeter C-47! Now, wonder which Paul would get? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back