Trumpeter 1/48 F100C and D....?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nope. Seen mixed reviews though, and it seems a bit pricey - around £30 to £40 IIRC. If you can get one, the old (late 70's or early 80's) Monogram kit was rather good, even by today's standards.

Has anyone tried them?

They're nice on toast :)

From reviews I've read, they are often criticised as being over-detailed and over-priced, same as Hasegawa. A Trumpeter Wellington I saw last week bears this out on both counts. Atleast they provide detailed interiors that most others don't though.
If I remember right, they don't go together as smoothly as a Tamiya, but aren't bad - I can't speak from experience though.

Must admit, every review I've read about most Trumpeter kits, including build reviews, seem to bear out the same points:- lots of detail but poor fit and some inaccuracies. Sounds like a custoised Trabant - looks great, has all the right stuff, but still a Trabant!

Has anyone tried them?

Hi
I ordered and reiceved my F 100C last week, and i must admit i was positively surprised.First i must say i'm a real
F 100 fan/addicted !! In my opinion the best design of the "Century serie".The kit is crisply molded with fine details. Of course, like the "Thud" fitting is not very good,it need some improvement for a good result.The
good points are: two afterburners ( one of it is the same as the F 102, only used for some ANG birds),two
different underside speed brake,two different refueling probes ( straight and twisted).
Cockpit interior seems good,but the seat is wrong for a F 100 C ( OK for a D) . The front air scoop is too flat
the main wheels are too large, the tail fin is too tall. AMS resin is making some correction set ( hard to order !! They only sell from Midten Hobbies).
I will certainly order the D to make a French F 100D ( with sharkmouth !!)

Two pics of the kit:

TrumpeterwheelsF100C.jpg

The Mono kit are on the top ( metalic gray), the Trumpeter wheels seems realy oversized

TrumpeterverticalfinF100C.jpg

The vertical fin is too tall , AMS resin make a corrected one

In other words, get the old Monogram kit, with the same optional parts, and more, at half the price!!

In other words, get the old Monogram kit, with the same optional parts, and more, at half the price!!

Yes,but they do'nt make the "C" !! The Mono kit is a very good kit, with minor errors,like the rear fuselage (undertop) too round , and the front air scoop too flat.I can't prevent me from imagining what
their kit would have been if they retooled it !!Do'nt forget that it has old fashioned panel line and rescribing
it will take a long time.

True, but the problems are realtively minor, fairly easily resolved, and at half the price, or less, a better option than yet another, inaccurate, overpriced kit from Trumpeter, IMHO.

True, but the problems are realtively minor, fairly easily resolved, and at half the price, or less, a better option than yet another, inaccurate, overpriced kit from Trumpeter, IMHO.

That's right, but only for good modelers, rescribing a kit is realy tricky and boring !!

Anyway the winner is Trumpeter : they are about the only one to issue such kit, so it's realy easy to increase the kit price !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back