Trumpeter Vampire FB.9

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
Ok after leaving this one almost finished for far too long whilst i built other kits, i decided to finish this off before starting my next build.

Trumpeter's Vampire kit is much maligned here in the UK but the errors in the kit dont worry me too much, it looks like a vampire and i am no rivet counter !
The kit is labelled as an FB.9 but is actually an FB.5 as it lacks the air conditioning unit in the right wing root.

This is done as the OC's machine from when it was based at RAF Thornaby, where i used to live and parts of the airfield were still there when i was a kid and i used to play in the air raid shelters when not at school in the early 80's.

It carries markings of both 607 sqn and 608 sqn, one on each side !

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

Nice one, Red Two, it looks the biz (I reckon I should really add one to my RAF line-up).
And it might have taken some time to finish, but by my standards, that was a super-quick build - one of these days I'll finish that Bucanneer, and the two F-104s, not to mention a Phantom FGR2 that's been sitting, almost done, for around 15 years, or the 1/32nd scale Tornado F3, at around 19 years !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back