Tucano for Afghanistan (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

michaelmaltby

Colonel
Jan 22, 2009
Toronto

Attachments

• Tucano.jpeg
    Tucano.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 98
Embraer quality! =D

I hope the USN and the USAF buy our Super Tucano as well, together with our KC-390. I'm also in hope our air force buy the F/A-18E for your FX program.

"... equivalent to the ground attack version of the Harrier?!?"

I did too,:) - but the underlying point I think was the contrast in cost/hour to operate: vs Harrier or Long Bow Apache.

MM

Is no surprize, the Super Tucano is a good product and the factory had sold thousand of them if we include the earlier Tucano trainer variant. For the Afghanistan enviroment the Pucara IA-58E would be undoutly better but it lacks the political "push" to make foreign sales, beside is only a proto and the ST is combat proven. Congratulations to the brazilians here.

I must say the Tucano is a great platform. But I must question the political aspects of why the Beechcraft solution was not chosen when the US has poured $billions into the Afghan economy with no appreciation. Milaki is giving the US a finger. And now the Shiites and Sunnis will enter into civil war.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back