Two College Tuitions Down, One To Go! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ToughOmbre

Senior Master Sergeant
Mar 18, 2007
Jersey Shore, USA
Heading out to Moravian College in Bethlehem, PA to see #2 son graduate on Saturday. As those of you who have kids in college already know, the four years go by in a blur (and the bank account takes a huge hit! :mad:).

Since he was a four year letter-winner in football, it was as much fun for us as I'm sure it was for him.

All he's got to do now is find a job.

My daughter starts college next August so there's no financial relief for me yet.

Well, I don't want to die with any money left in bank anyway.

TO

Attachments

• Mike_Coast_Star.jpg
    Mike_Coast_Star.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 173
  • Mike_hold2.jpg
    Mike_hold2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 174
No kidding. Good for him and you. Tuition in WA is going up 14% in 2009 AND 2010. Bought into a 529 for my boys years ago. Best investment I ever made. Returning about 15% a year for us. Can't beat that. College AINT cheap.l

I know how that goes. One just finishing her junior year at Radford and the other starts at W M in August. T'ain't cheap. Went the pre-paid tuition route with the state when each hit 8th grade, so the tuition money has been gone for years; what's good is that the state makes up the difference in tuition increases between then and now. So all we're paying for out of today's money is room, board, and books. Still, a lot.

Ugh... thanks R. I'm gonna have another Friday beer. You depressed me.

The only thing that keeps me going is my sick sheudenfreude that others will have to pay $150,000 per kid for college. Not much solace, but at least others are suffering. Evil sick suffering. :evil4:

Congrats TO. I'm looking forward to completing my degree at the end of the year (would of been a weeks time if I hadn't gone to South Africa, but whatever, that 7 months was worth it). Nowhere near as expensive as in the States though as the Scottish government pays my fees :D

Congrats TO. I'm looking forward to completing my degree at the end of the year (would of been a weeks time if I hadn't gone to South Africa, but whatever, that 7 months was worth it). Nowhere near as expensive as in the States though as the Scottish government pays my fees :D

It's also the same thing in Canada... Well, at least in Québec. The gouvernment pays the fees.

But still, congrats, TO !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back