Two Japanese Talking A-Bombs

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ToughOmbre

Senior Master Sergeant
Mar 18, 2007
Jersey Shore, USA
Defense Minister Fumio Kyuma said the dropping of atomic bombs on Japan by the United States during World War II was an inevitable way to end the war, a news report said Saturday.

"I understand that the bombing ended the war, and I think that it couldn't be helped," Kyodo News agency quoted Kyuma as saying in a speech at a university in Chiba, just east of Tokyo.

Kyuma's remarks drew immediate criticism from Japanese atomic bomb survivors.

"The U.S. justifies the bombings saying they saved many American lives," said Nobuo Miyake, 78, director-general of a group of victims living in Tokyo. "It's outrageous for a Japanese politician to voice such thinking. Japan is a victim."

Japan a victim? Don't think the survivors of the Bataan Death March would agree.

I say fly "FIFI" over Hiroshima and Nagasaki every August. F#ck em...

Nobuo Miyake apparently was a survivor - well you could kiss my American ass, I hope your kidneys glow when you piss!

I say fly "FIFI" over Hiroshima and Nagasaki every August. F#ck em...

Was it the Confederate Air Force that had a display (mid 1970s?) where a 'mushroom cloud' pyrotechnic was exploded in unison with FIFI's flyover- which caused a stir in Japan and America?
Also vaguely remember reading about a Smithsonian display of a partial(?) B-29 minus the history of Hiroshima and Nagasaki because the Institute didn't want to offend the Japanese (1995?)- which also caused a stir.
Political correctness on both sides of the Pacific?

**** em. They bitch because we wanted to end the war. What about all the crimes they commited. They dont teach that to there own people. They have never learned from there mistakes.

I am going to stop now before I say things I should not say.

Was it the Confederate Air Force that had a display (mid 1970s?) where a 'mushroom cloud' pyrotechnic was exploded in unison with FIFI's flyover- which caused a stir in Japan and America?
Also vaguely remember reading about a Smithsonian display of a partial(?) B-29 minus the history of Hiroshima and Nagasaki because the Institute didn't want to offend the Japanese (1995?)- which also caused a stir.
Political correctness on both sides of the Pacific?
Correct on both counts but I think the Smithsonian reversed its decision. During the 1990s Bill Clinton and "Political Correctiveness" was the order of the day.

ANXBe.png

Last edited:
From my old mans book Bills War "The dropping of the atomic bombs to those of us who had survived years of the war and were waiting to be ordered to land on the shores of japan meant that many thousands of men who would have died carrying out those orders would be able to go home. No wonder they cheered when they heard the news. Its easy to pass judgment sitting at home in an armchair. I believe that a great many more Jap lives would have been sacrificed had the invasion of the Japanese mainland gone ahead".

**** em. They bitch because we wanted to end the war. What about all the crimes they commited. They dont teach that to there own people. They have never learned from there mistakes.

I am going to stop now before I say things I should not say.

What bothers me more is when Americans (usually libs) argue the fact that the bombs did not have to be dropped. I guess as long as there is history there will also be "revisionists". :mad:

In Aug 1995, I was in Indonesia when the 50 the anniversary of the bombings was being marked in various countries of the region.

I remember a very elderly Chinese (maybe Korean?) lady being interviewed on TV.

She said "why did the US stop with 2 bombs"?

And she meant it!

Why is it ok to kill thousands of people with hundreds of bombs and thousands of men... But if you use a atomc bomb its wrong...???..And this was war times ..And Japan started it .. And Japan's lucky we did not play by there "rules' of war

Killing is killing .....Right...Dead is dead...

More on both sides would of died if we would of landed on the beach...

Crazy how Japan will not own up to what they did..

In Aug 1995, I was in Indonesia when the 50 the anniversary of the bombings was being marked in various countries of the region.

I remember a very elderly Chinese (maybe Korean?) lady being interviewed on TV.

She said "why did the US stop with 2 bombs"?

And she meant it!

I remember that...

Revisionism is generally good, but sadly some revisionists do it not to reach more accurate historical truth, but to promote their own political arenda or ideology. Holocaust revisionists for an example are human filth...

"Generally good"? Can't agree. Here in the US, the revisionists are re-writing the history books to be PC or to promote their left-wing (usually) agendas. If you read through a current typical high school level US History textbook, it would be hard to tell what country's history they're talking about.

At least in the case of the PC Smithsonian "Enola Gay" display of the 90's, which cast the Japanese in a favorable light as victims, the outrage of millions of traditional Americans won a small, but important, victory in the cultural wars we have been waging here for many years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back