Two recently completed models : Italeri 1/72 XB-70 and Revell 1/72 RB-36H (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Kevin A. Lawton

Recruit
May 27, 2018
Maybe it's time to build something a little smaller??

0119.jpg
DSCF7819.JPG

Two epic builds. I can't imagine which would be more difficult at that size – the gloss white Valkyrie or the NMF/multi-masked B-36 :shock:

Two epic builds. I can't imagine which would be more difficult at that size – the gloss white Valkyrie or the NMF/multi-masked B-36 :shock:

I think I spent more on the AlClad II paints than I did on the model of the B-36!! Took about 5 bottles total, and a lot !!!! Of masking. But a fun build over all I used the Warbird decals for the wing walks & stencil data.

I will also admit that I had real problems getting a nice consistent gloss white finish on the Valkyrie - my solution was to paint the entire model with Tamiya Flat White and then spray three coats of Future before the decals & then a final coat of Future to seal the decals.

I think I spent more on the AlClad II paints than I did on the model of the B-36!! Took about 5 bottles total, and a lot !!!! Of masking. But a fun build over all I used the Warbird decals for the wing walks & stencil data.

I will also admit that I had real problems getting a nice consistent gloss white finish on the Valkyrie - my solution was to paint the entire model with Tamiya Flat White and then spray three coats of Future before the decals & then a final coat of Future to seal the decals.
WOW....nice work..incredible models!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back