Type G-9 fuel pumps (B-25) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

toddlt

Airman
Nov 23, 2008
Vilnius
Hello,

Does anyone have any information on Type G-9 fuel pumps?
Such fuel pumps were in B-25.

Thanks in advance.

To look at the photo of that fuel pump would be the most important.

From the little information I have with me, I show that the B-25 had 4 boost pumps, 2 fed the engines and 2 transfered fuel. If I'm not mistaken these pumps were made by Pesco, but I didn't find any part number.

From the C/D manual. The manual mentions these are made by "Thomson" but that's about it.

Attachments

• Booster pump B-25CD.jpg
    Booster pump B-25CD.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 294
Thanks for picture. I am not sure about meaning of the booster pump and the fuel pump. Does it mean the same thing?

@jugggo, labas

Thanks for picture. I am not sure about meaning of the booster pump and the fuel pump. Does it mean the same thing?

@jugggo, labas

Not all engines had fuel pumps attached to them. Somtimes either gravity or suction flow ensured fue flow to the engine. Manytimes you had a pump between the fuel tank and engine that ensured fuel flow during critical times if fuel wasn't free flowing to the engine, this is referred as a boost pump. At the same time there might be a neccessity to move fuel from one tank to another or to feed a left engine from the right tank. A series of valves and fuel boost pumps accomplished this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back