Typhoon trumps F-15s (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That was interesting, I wouldn't mind hearing the other guys perspective also. I just Loved the way the Spanish pilot thumped his chest over the "victories" over the F-15s. Still think its valid flying against newer planes especially to see what kind of new tactics you need to develope against newer foes.
Never met a fighter pilot that wasn't overly cocky , its part and parcel with the job

The exercise is extremely valid. Both sides gained invaluable information and it will help convince congress to buy more F-35's and F-22's

Maybe so. The whole thing smells kind'a fishy to me...

The F-15 may not be quite the close-in dogfighter that the Typhoon is, but given that it has a comparable radar (better in the AESA-upgraded models) the same AMRAAM's and AIM-9's, and a comparable ECM suite, it should be able to give a much better account of itself in a BVR battle than it did, and with a 4 to 1 numerical superiority in a WVR furball, the Eagle drivers should be able to box in the two Tiffies and dispatch them. The Typhoon is just not that superior.

The fact that one Typhoon was able to get 4 kills with its available missiles, and the other 'disabled' 3 F-15's without either getting nailed by the Eagles' own Slammers is very odd :rolleyes:

To me it looks like a set-up to help boost the case for the increasingly troubled F-35, and its purported capability of a 4 to1 ACM kill advantage over all existing 4th gen fighters. You know, like the Flanker. And the Typhoon...

JL

And stealth capabilities... Eeven though the F-15 may have up-to-date avionics, it still is at a huge disadvantage. Even if it's aviaonics were better, the Typhoon would still be more difficult to paint.

This is a non-story.. it would be worth publishing if the F-15s would have came out on top.

its a nonsense feel good story for the European home front.

News Flash! Abrams M1 tank bests German Panther Tank

Proponents are always quick to point out the F15 has never been bested in Combat, now it seems its not even worthy of a friendly exercise.

Ssounds more like nonsense back footing to me:p

Good for the morale of the Sanish pilots - but as previously posted by others - it was not really a fair contest.
Same would be true with the Typhoon and the Raptor!
The first thing a Typhoon would know about a Raptor being in the area would be the sound of a missile alarm sounding in the cockpit!

Again, it comes down to the man in the cockpit. Having known some Eagle drivers back many years ago, I can tell you that most (not all, but most) of them thought their doodie don't stink. So you are likely taking a group of overconfident F-15 pilots against a couple of outnumbered Typhoons and the outcome was as it was. It does make you wonder how serious the Eagle drivers were taking this. I don't think it was a grand conspiracy.

A few years ago a similar situation happened when a squadron of F-15s visited India and those guys allegedly got waxed by IDF MiGs. It turned out many of the scenarios placed the IAF at the advantage and instead of maintaining an expected 3 or 4 to one kill ratio, the F-15s were walking away 2 to 1.

And Butters - is it the F-35 in trouble this week? I thought last week it was the F-22? Its kind of funny as the F-35 IS NOT slated to take over the current primary F-15 mission but yet you bring that up. I guess another conspiracy theory in the making.... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back