U Boats found (Aug., 2008)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That is an amazing story. I had never heard about this before. Thanks for the info Comiso! I'll have to read up on these subs. I cannot believe they were transported over land!

Because the Black sea is oxygen depleted these U-boats will not have any corrosion problems. They will still be in near working order.

Also because they were scuttled, they are not war graves and are open for salvage.

Wouldn't that be cool ?

Only geeks like you guys understand how cool it is!!

Dare to think that you can take a ride in a U-Boat!!!?

:D

Yuck!!!!

Museums ?

They did that with U-505 and cut a bloody great hole in it's side. Nope only those prepared to offer rides (including dives) need apply. Geeks unite to vanquish the threat of museum creeps.

Dive dive dive

That is an amazing story. I had never heard about this before. Thanks for the info Comiso! I'll have to read up on these subs. I cannot believe they were transported over land!

They had to be. The waterways gaining them access to the Black Sea were closed off due to Turkish neutrality. Only 85 miles of the trip were on a road anyhow. Between Dresden and Ingolstadt they were transported by road. The rest of the way they utilized the Elbe and Danube rivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back