Ugly French weapons...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Konigstiger205

Staff Sergeant
Mar 20, 2007
Bucharest
What is it with French and ugly weapons...its like they don't give the slightest consideration on the looks of their weapons..here are posted a few pictures of ugly weapons...If you find more you are more than welcomed to post them :D

Attachments

• mas38_1.jpg
    mas38_1.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 4,384
  • mgd-pm9-1.jpg
    mgd-pm9-1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 9,818
  • famas_f1.jpg
    famas_f1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 2,008
  • mac1924-29_1.jpg
    mac1924-29_1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,852
As long as it does what it's supposed to do; put holes in the enemy, and accurately, I don't care what it looks like. The M-16 "looked good" but it took 2-3 shots to keep a man down. Give me an ugly weapon with man-stopping ammo and I'll use it.

I was unaware that a prerequisite for a functioning firearm was that it had to look pretty.

Apart from the second photo with the little gun and wire stock, the rest were/are pretty good performers.

Just like military aircraft, some may look ugly but they perform their required task with efficiency.

I was unaware that a prerequisite for a functioning firearm was that it had to look pretty.

Apart from the second photo with the little gun and wire stock, the rest were/are pretty good performers.

I agree. Looking good was not what the designers were thinking about when they designed the weapon.

But one has to admit French bombers of the 1930s were not very attractive....:lol:

In aircraft design it's completely different, it's known in the design world that; if it looks good, it flies good. While not always true the saying does count for 99% of most aircraft designs.

The Chauchat was ugly and sucked....The MAS 38 was pretty good except for the 7.65 cart it used, was well built and used till the 50s until the MAT 39 came out which used a 9mm but was mostly stamped steel.

In aircraft design it's completely different, it's known in the design world that; if it looks good, it flies good. While not always true the saying does count for 99% of most aircraft designs.

I don't think the French aircraft were ugly, the MB 174, LeO 451, De 520 Potez 630 were all good aircfaft, and I wouldn't say that any were ugly.

Unless you mean the Bloch 210, which kinda did look like a block.... :)

whew!!!!! I'm dying!!!!

Damn Les, I hope you didn't know that on a personal level!:lol: hate to see what below decks looked like!

I agree with the fact that a weapon should be first efficient and than good looking but...a little effort won't kill anyone...every weapon producing country has its ugly designs but it seems to dominate the French.Perhaps we should make a top of the most ugly weapons ever built by any nation :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back