Unedited footage from Google

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

proton45

Senior Airman
Jan 30, 2007
Massachusetts
I'm sorry cuz I'm in a bit of a rush...but here is a link to a Google video of 24 minutes of 8th AirForce guncam highlights. It looks kind of "unedited" but at first glance it looks like real good stuff...

World War II fighter combat film

Also some Japanese "propaganda" or newsreel footage...lots of aviation related material. Good stuff!!!

Japanese Soldiers Pilots [AX4489]

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6508024223242495773&hl=en&emb=1#

Their is more...look around and klick away!!! :D:D:D

Last edited:
part 44 in the beginning, from minute 2.00 to minute 3.20 made my day. the 339th fg on 26 November 1944 against my cousins JG 301. at the beginning of this short section note the 1-2 Fw 190A's with the bright yellow tail bands getting clobbered by the Mustangs

thanks P for the vid link

E ~

Thanks Shinpachi and Erich...I do love to search around for new and interesting information...it never seems to end (I hope). :p

Their is some interesting footage I'm not familiar with...I love the shot from the cockpit as the pilot straiffs the trucks in the road. I wonder if its "real" combat footage or staged? The footage is here Japanese Soldiers Pilots [AX4489] The sequence starts at 38:20, and in specific the shot at 38:35 38:44.

part 44 in the beginning, from minute 2.00 to minute 3.20 made my day. the 339th fg on 26 November 1944 against my cousins JG 301. at the beginning of this short section note the 1-2 Fw 190A's with the bright yellow tail bands getting clobbered by the Mustangs

thanks P for the vid link

E ~

Your welcome Erich, the footage you speak of is even more interesting now that I know their is a connection. Its lucky that the FW190 footage is so interesting...its quite an extended sequence and framed so perfectly...Has you cousin ever shared any interesting tails from his time in the military? Maybe you already started a thread (here) I'm not familiar with? :rolleyes:

Proton, my cousin was killed on the 26 November 1944 on his second mission n 5./JG 301, a strong connection bond started with Bill and I here when I found out about the 355th fg part on that missions, Bill's Dad being an integral part of the 355th fighter group and the 355th and the 339th plus the 2nd SF were responsible for nailing JG 301 to the wall with the loss of some 50 Fw's. My familie has never really discussed Siegfried's role in the role, either by refusal or Siegfried's familie possibly did not make it to wars end.

what you have shown is one of the select few sequences showing JG 301 aircraft in combat albeit on the receiving end of .50's drmatic and quite historical footage anyway you look at it, and I thank you again for it.

I still search in the German archiv's for any info's on my cousin and of course the continual seaech for lost data on JG 301, buried deep within and underground in eastern Germany before war's end.

E `

Proton, my cousin was killed on the 26 November 1944 on his second mission n 5./JG 301, a strong connection bond started with Bill and I here when I found out about the 355th fg part on that missions, Bill's Dad being an integral part of the 355th fighter group and the 355th and the 339th plus the 2nd SF were responsible for nailing JG 301 to the wall with the loss of some 50 Fw's. My familie has never really discussed Siegfried's role in the role, either by refusal or Siegfried's familie possibly did not make it to wars end.

what you have shown is one of the select few sequences showing JG 301 aircraft in combat albeit on the receiving end of .50's drmatic and quite historical footage anyway you look at it, and I thank you again for it.

I still search in the German archiv's for any info's on my cousin and of course the continual seaech for lost data on JG 301, buried deep within and underground in eastern Germany before war's end.

E `

Wow, that's powerful stuff. You never know what kind of connections you will find once you start looking. I wish you the best of luck on your research...I know how family's can be about the past. My own family doesn't like to remember things that happened during the war (in Japan). I know I had a relative who was an officer in China, and another who was a doctor for the military, and my Grandfather managed a shipyard in Kobe...but the details are very sparse. When the last of my fathers generation is gone these people (and their story's) will be forgotten...

write down as much as possible if you can as it can easily be a lost memory forever, put each memory into file and add as you find out more about service, time/place. even with sparse information in this day and age of high tech you might be very surprised what you can find in our archiv's and overseas.

keep at it and by the way it appears the US pilot is following 3 different Fw 190A's in the cut clip segments; as he is given claim for 3 shot down on the 26th of November 44.

E ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back