Unknown Aircraft (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ONE_HELLCAT

Airman 1st Class
May 26, 2008
Ventura County
So last year I was in England on a school trip, and as we were leaving I saw this green thing. I'm deeply confused on what it is, if it's even a plane or something else. I left the 747 in there for comparison of the humps on the two planes.

Canon552b.jpg

Sorry if this thread doesn't belong here. I've seen other mysterious aircraft threads here, so I thought it might be okay.

Its the plane the use to test the fire crews so it never moves from there and is made from steel (I think) so it doesn't burn like an aircraft skin would in a fire so that it can be used repeatedly. Not sure why they would of made it the way the did though - possibly because they can...

Ha, now it seems so obvious. And I feel kinda stupid... Meh, makes enough sense for me now. I guess they made it that way to get a taste of everything, from jumbo jets with a hump, to jets with tail mounted engines.

Its the plane the use to test the fire crews so it never moves from there and is made from steel (I think) so it doesn't burn like an aircraft skin would in a fire so that it can be used repeatedly. Not sure why they would of made it the way the did though - possibly because they can...
I think you are very correct!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back