Unofficial Group Builds....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey! Don't laugh!!

Attachments

• shuttle01.jpg
    shuttle01.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 135
I say a diorama one where we clash models and figure kits together. A true test to the airbrush and brush skills of each modeler in hopes to possibly make them better at either one in the end. To my knowledge a lot of modelers just paint the figures [pilots,field crew,driver,etc.] but don't go any further, this would be the build to expand those limits.

Dioramas could be a good one, but they take a lot of time to do right. Reminds me, I must finish Part 2 of the Diorama Guide!
BT, Jan had an idea of a sort of 'what if?' theme, where the allies had special flights, or units, to protect the Meteor or P80 jets on take-off and landing, rather like JV44 with the Me262's.
It'll probably be such types as P47M, SpitXIV and Tempest V and II, with a special camouflage and recognition markings. It could, of course, snowball into anything!
Better ask Jan!

I presume one will be taking a cabin trunk with one to Sweden old chap? One will need one, for the return trip, in order to transport one's books and other modelling paraphenalia don't you know!
You've got me going on this 'Protection Flight' thing, I might even stretch things a bit, and prolong the war until around 1947 or later....all sorts of weird and wonderful possibilities there, what!

:oops: :lol:
Why not prolong to May and September '48....make a chance to do a Skyraider in WWII colours....USN and maybe for RN, etc. etc. 8)
P-80 in 55th, 78th, 353rd and 357th FG colurs, would be nice with all those checkers! 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back