US soldier mom refuses deployment (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I saw this this morning and there is something that bothers me. All US military communities have things set up for such purposes. I can't remember the name of it. I believe it is called the Family Action plan or Family Care Plan or something like that. It is basically foster care while the single parent is deployed.

Why did she not have this set up for her child, or a family member. I don't find it an excuse for her not to deploy.

Last edited:
Common sense would dictate that any member of the military would realize that a deployment is a normal occurrence for a soldier.

She should have been prepared to have her child looked after. I see no excuse for her either.

TO

You guys did notice that this was a single mother with a child. Wonder who/where the father is ? It all goes back to
changing the rule about getting pregnant while in the military. I have absolutely no sympathy for her.

Charles

You guys did notice that this was a single mother with a child. Wonder who/where the father is ? It all goes back to
changing the rule about getting pregnant while in the military. I have absolutely no sympathy for her.

Charles

There are several single mothers (and even a single father) here at our base. They deploy just like everyone else. They make arrangements for there children to be looked after. The soldier made a choice when they joined the military.

There are several single mothers (and even a single father) here at our base. They deploy just like everyone else. They make arrangements for there children to be looked after. The soldier made a choice when they joined the military.

Agreed, and that includes getting deployed, children or no children.
I understand her wish to stay with her child, but when she joined, she knew that there might be a chance of deployment, and so she should have arranged for the kid to be looked after and cared for while away - end of story.

You would be surprised the number of single women who try to become pregnant so they do not have to deploy! I really question why they joined the military in the first place.

Yeah, I agree with the comments, but there's a huge difference between being prepared to do something when it is a possbility, and when it is a reality things come from a whole different perspective.

I have to agree with all the comments. You know whats going to happen when you join up so there is no excuse.

Wow. I'm no expert with kids, but something would have told me that the mother might, just might, not have been able to take care of her baby with the three other adults and the 14 daycare kids that she looks after every day, just maybe. This is why it always helps to have a backup plan. You really do have to wonder why some people join military (no offense, guys). :rolleyes:
I don't think she should go to jail, just dishonarably discharged, like FBJ said. That will stay with her for the rest of her life.

Agree with all of the above. The military takes care of its own, including single parents and their kids. If she chooses not to partake of that, well, she signed the line. Just like this Hasan idiot, she knew what she was getting in to. Its not like this war has been kept quiet or anything!

Agree with all of the above. The military takes care of its own, including single parents and their kids. If she chooses not to partake of that, well, she signed the line. Just like this Hasan idiot, she knew what she was getting in to. Its not like this war has been kept quiet or anything!

Eh, Hasan? I'm sorry RA, I"m just a little lost with what you talking about. 8)

Drum her ass out...these people knew what to expect when they signed up, and just because they got in, doesn't mean they can have the rules changed just for them.

RA's talking about that Hasan douchebag that went on a shooting spree at Ft. Hood. He was about to deploy to the sandbox, and went haywire.

Last edited:
Drum her ass out...these people knew what to expect when they signed up, and just because they got in, doesn't mean they can have the rukes changed just for them.

RA's talking about that Hasan douchebag that went on a shooting spree at Ft. Hood. He was about to deploy to the sandbox, and went haywire.

Oh right, thanks GG. Damn, guess that shows how much I pay attention. God, what the hell is wrong with people these days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back