USS Intrepid.....In LEGO Bricks!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pong

Staff Sergeant
Sep 2, 2007
Manila, Philippines
A lot of us build models with prebuilt plastic parts, but this is simply amazing. You will cry when you see it. :shock:

5044107729_c0a1683d12_b.jpg

Here is a link on more of his photos on the Intrepid.

USS Intrepid Complete - Flickr

I remember several of his works with another builder on a LEGO Magazine I bought (It featured finely detailed Lockheed aircraft: F-117, SR-71 and U-2) and it is basically stunning.

-Arlo

:shock: That's incredible but at that level it's no longer a hobby. It's some sort of bizarre mental illness.

Very impressive! I have mixed feelings though - as impressive as it is, for all that time and effort, why not use 'standard' materials, and make a true scale model? Bl**dy good though !

Very impressive! I have mixed feelings though - as impressive as it is, for all that time and effort, why not use 'standard' materials, and make a true scale model? Bl**dy good though !

Exactly my thought. I've got nothing against Legos but they seem thoroughally unsuited to a project of such epic proportions - sort of like building the Taj Mahal out of match sticks. And yet people do that as well...

Imagine making a mistake and then you notice that the superstructure wont fit due to a single brick? Taking apart several thousand pieces just to fix it.

hmm... After I've seen some of the impressive model building here... I can't imagine any of the master model builders mocking the work required to do that. ;)

Just think the Master Lego Builders do this kind of work and get paid for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back