USS San Francisco damage pic (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

NS - I like that boat. It looks like a top'sl Ketch with a sloop type rig aft. Is there a name to it?

One of my Academy roomates, and my younger brother live aboard similar boats, by choice.

I believe that this is damage to the peripherial hull and not the pressure hull. As such, this damage could be done at a lower speed than it appears. Like a race car the outer shell is not where the strength is. Still impressive pictures.

Dirty Ed said:
NS - I like that boat. It looks like a top'sl Ketch with a sloop type rig aft. Is there a name to it?

One of my Academy roomates, and my younger brother live aboard similar boats, by choice.
It's the Bluenose. Actually it's the Bluenose II, which was built in the 60's to honour the original Bluenose schooner. The Bluenose was the undefeated champion of all the Grand Banks racing schooners back in the day, and the pride of Nova Scotia. :cool:

It even found it's way onto the Canadian dime, and is currently on the Nova Scotia licence plate.

The Bluenose, a Canadian Champion

Attachments

• dime.jpg
    dime.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 171
  • ns plate.jpg
    ns plate.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 64
I've got one of those Canadian Dimes. Although sometimes it gets a bit frustrating working out currencies. The English ones are easy but the ones like Thailand and that can get hard to work out with a lot of necessary research and matching of images.

Anyone I know there was something where a submarine struck a cargo vessel with similar damage, but it sank in that case. Wonder whether there is a cargo vessel somewhere limping into port...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back