V1 detonated in Kruisland (Netherlands) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Marcel

rotartsinimdA
Staff
Admin
Mod
Sep 19, 2006
Dordrecht
www.redbeatband.nl
Sorry for the google translate, guys:
V1 bomb detonated Kruisland
The Explosive Ordnance Disposal of Defense ( EOD ) on Thursday just before 16:00 brought a German V1 bomb from World War II exploded in Kruisland in West Brabant .
Photo : Reuters

watch video

As a precaution , the area within a radius of six hundred meters around the bomb was sealed and thirteen families had to leave their home .

A spokeswoman for the municipality of Steenbergen , which Kruisland part , said that the place of the bomb was to evaporate . First hour About a quarter to seven the signal was 'safe' data : the bomb was successful culled . The residents were able to go home afterwards.

In order to reduce the pressure effects of the EOD explosion had the bomb covered by a big heap of sand . For safety happened at the beginning manually , because the inflammation respond to pressure. Later, the department continued to work with machines produced .

shockwave

To dampen the shock wave from the explosion of the EOD personnel also dug trenches around the site of the bomb . That lasted through rain slightly longer than was expected, according to the municipality of Steenbergen .

The V1 contained about 930 pounds of explosives and chemicals found in late January . The Germans used such bombs during World War II to harass . Netherlands from London and the port of Antwerp V1 bombs are found on average once every ten years .
(source
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbifnFzQ3fw

Oh boy! Thanks Marcel. Glad no one was hurt.

By the way, what are the dates for your visit to the states?

Hi Vick,

I'll be there the first weekend of May. I'll be in boston from monday 28th of April and will be at Chris' place on May 2nd, leaving in the evening of May 4th.

BTW, tried to pm you but your inbox is full :(

Last edited:
Wow, it wasn't but a few weeks ago that a large RAF bomb was found in central Germany, a 'cookie' from the radio description. amd prior to that a poor excavator operator and crew got it too.

Mmm the 6th vid after, Don Juan the boar, ...he's going for more.... lol

Oh, 20 years ago they still found a number here. But it's quite rare nowadays. I guess this one was en route to antwerp. It's found right between Thorlifter's current residence and mine :D

Maybe it was a stealth version ............... or an environmentally friendly model, designed to cause damage, but not break any noise abatement regulations ........

Do we dare hope for a V2 next, somewhere..... ;)

Not if it means you live next to a ton of explosive! My teenage home in London had a lost bomb in one of the street's gardens. A Ju88 dropped 4 when chased and there were only 3 explosions. Probably about 250 kilos I would think and still under someone's bushes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back