Various WW2 kits 1/48 scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Loyalwatcher

Recruit
Aug 19, 2011
Made these ages ago for display purposes at my old job in a toystore...

Hasegawa Typhoon
I remember spending ages trying to get the invasion stripes transfers to go on this one... before finally giving up and just painting them. This also took ages but was somewhat more successful.
Dscn0406.jpg

Tamiya RAF Mustang III
Probably the best one I did at the time, looked awesome in the display cabinet. Only problem was people kept wanting to buy it!
Dscn0407.jpg

Revell Hawker Hurricane
Nice model but I think I was spoilt by the Tamiya models, it didn't go together quite as well. Looked great chasing after the B-1B that was also hanging from the ceiling though!
Dscn0408.jpg

Tamiya Spitfire Vb
Loved painting the desert camo on this one. Brilliant kit.
Dscn0409.jpg

Monogram (?) RAF Airacobra
This was actually a model of a US aircraft... After some searching around on the 'net I found the squadron details but no pictures, so the paint scheme is mostly guesswork. Of course, I've since gotten hold of a few books all of the information I'd have needed. For some reason I really like this aircraft... when I was about 10 the Airacobra was my favourite 3-piece polystyrene toy... I built this one then realised after I'd painted it, that I should have put a weight in the nose...
Dscn0410.jpg

Tamiya Mosquito
Dscn0432.jpg

Tamiya Gloster Meteor
Being a Tamiya, this one had the weight for the nose included!
Dscn0433.jpg

A very nice collection. I like the RAF Mustang III of the 315th Polish Squadron the most. But the Sky band on the Mustang fuselage might have been of white though.

Ahoy
Very Very nice collection you have there, Very impressive to say the least. that old Monogram Hawker Hurrican sure brings back a lot of memories to me. I got that kit in 1963 when it first came in to production in hobby shops everywhere. I bought one and placed it on my closet for safe keeping until the day I have time to build it. durring the passing of time it got lost heaven only knows its been a mystery for me.

HARDY WELL DONE

Boats

Very nice collection! They all look great!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back