vickers Varsity 1/72nd vac form by airmodel

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
i've been looking at doing this one for a while and now the valetta is being painted after many hours of filling i thought i'd do its younger sister the Varsity,these bring back childhood memory's of seeing them flying into RAF Manston over Westgate Beach,pics to follow shortly once i've downloaded them,

thanks for looking

thanks Terry,i would be interested in any help you could offer re detailing etc as i don't have a profile in mind apart from its got to have the bright orange colour scheme

Haven't got much on it Bob, but if you have a look at the web site from the Newark Air Museum, I think there might be a 'walk around', or at least some useful shots, of theirs. I once had a number of 35mm transparencies, taken in the late 1960s, of two or three different Varsity, but I'm afraid they were among 1,500+ images lost in a fire about 20 years ago !

bob4174.jpg

bob4155.jpg

bob4165.jpg

pics of the kit,as of yet i haven't found any plans so any pics will help a lot

Bob, there are alos a couple of recently posted pics in the 'What is it?' thread, in 'Aviation' section.

bob4193.jpg

bob4185.jpg

progress so far loads of filling done plus i've fitted the cockpit bulkhead and nose weights to balance her once set on its undercart later

sanding sanding and more sanding but its slowly taking shape now,i will post some more pics on the weekend,i can't find the cockpit canopy so it looks like i will have to make one again

more progress tonight,i will post some more pics tomorrow night but it seams i will be sanding again for days and days to get the shape right as the vac form kit is not very good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back