Video of The Japanese Surrender

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ccheese

Member In Perpetuity
Jul 10, 2007
Virginia Beach, Va.
This is a 'must see' for the WWII history buff or anyone interested in history. Interesting the other signers to the document, from New Zealand/Australia to Europe/Russia.

This is an actual film made of the surrender ceremony of the Japanese to McArthur in Tokyo Bay in September 1945. Actual voice of the General. Never been shown to the general public before. We always saw the "stills" but never the film itself. If you are a history buff you will enjoy it.

http://enka2.netorage.com:9711/harddisk/user/lyk36/mumess/376-macarthurjap.htm

Charles

Last edited:
Nice Charles!

I've seen parts of that film over the years on various documentaries (Victory At Sea, World At War, Crusade In The Pacific, etc.), but never in it's entirety.

TO

Very cool. I have seen it on one of my WWII DVDs. The audio for that clip was recorded by my wife's cousin, Ted Kramer. There were several networks with audio people whose audio wasn't as clear as Ted's. He is in some of the photos from the surrender and is easy to spot. He is the only one in dungarees and he is knealing with a headset on, near the cameramen.

Thanks. This is truly a mark of History. I downloaded the video.
Recommended reading for reference; The Japanese Enemy; His Power and His Vulnerability, by Hugh Byas, New York, Alfred Knopf, 1942
This book may be categorized as a wartime propaganda literature but it is accurate and very fair in portlaying the Japanese people at that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back