Vietnam Vets Protest Jane Fonda's Broadway Show

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Neil, what she did wasnt protesting and u know it...
It was well over the top no doubt about but then she was no worse then the 100,000 draft dodgers who IMHO are a far bigger traitor then Jane . She had quite the mean little body didn't she

It was well over the top no doubt about but then she was no worse then the 100,000 draft dodgers who IMHO are a far bigger traitor then Jane.

You mean the guys that joined the Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard, National Guard, Army Reserve?

Not even close pb. Again, with all due respect, you are clueless.

TO

You mean the guys that joined the Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard, National Guard, Army Reserve?

Not even close pb. Again, with all due respect, you are clueless.

TO
I might be clueless but 100000 draft dodgers are people who avoided the draft by going under ground or leaving the country

I might be clueless but 100000 draft dodgers are people who avoided the draft by going under ground or leaving the country

And they are "far bigger traitors then Jane"????????

At least they kept their mouths shut and did not make false claims or lend themselves to propaganda about NVA treatment of our POWs.

TO

I don't believe a majority of people her age or any age were out protesting the war. There obviously were protests, especially in the large cities but I was in Texas, in Dallas, and saw few protests. Course we in Texas tend to be a little more patriotic than some. I put her in the same category as those people who sponsored the ad about "General Batreous' when the General was here testifying before Congress. The extreme left in this country is beneath contempt.

Although I disagree with her Hanoi crap but for those of you too young to recall the actual events it was a very very different time , the riots in almost every major city in the world , Kent State , My Lai, draft dodgers , fragging was even a popular sport in Viet Nam , the even if you listen to the music from that era much of the classic rock from that period was protest music. It was a very very different time .

Pb - with all due respect it wasn't 'different enough' to take personal trips to the land of your enemy, have publicity shots made in black pajamas while manning a 57mm AAA battery at her own country's aircraft, strolling down to the Hilton and berate the POWs.

It is eerily the same recently from one perspective as the Democrat mantras from Kerry, Durbin and Murtha recently regarding US soldiers in Iraq are back to the same ol ' We is murderers and Killahs'.

I wonder if self-loathing is particular to this day and age.

And they are "far bigger traitors then Jane"????????

At least they kept their mouths shut and did not make false claims or lend themselves to propaganda about NVA treatment of our POWs.

TO
Jane was terribly wrong but so were many many others at that point in history and if you care to be selective in your memories far be it for me to remind you

Running away/draft-dodging is cowardice. Its contemptible. Everybody agrees with that. However....Jane Fonda deserted to the enemy. She went over to their capital. She partied with them, she took PR photos with them, she made statements condemning the US POW's (and therefore, by extension, the USofA itself). This can be viewed as nothing less than treachery, she should be considered a traitor.

Protestors are allowed to protest under the Bill of Rights. Free speech and all that. But the thousands of her contemporaries you are comparing her to protested HERE IN THE UNITED STATES. They did not desert to the enemy. Once again, contemptible, but protected under US law. Once she left the US, she should no longer be protected under that law.

Draft-dodgers are a whole 'nother topic of conversation. Bringing them into this one does not help hide her crimes against basic humanity and the POW's in particular...it really only makes them stand out even more.

It doesn't matter a bit if you like the war or not, it is a war. If she was older and went and partied at the Reichstag and yelled at American POW's in the camps in Germany she would have been assasinated or executed. Those men and women who served in Vietnam were fellow countrymen just the same as twenty years earlier in WWII. The sad thing is that the anti-war demonstrators were heavily inflitrated by the KGB and even the KGB were shocked on how easy it was to brainwash the kids. These type of demonstrations played right into the hand of those behind the Iron Curtain and they were delighted that their plans were so fruitful.

It was well over the top no doubt about but then she was no worse then the 100,000 draft dodgers who IMHO are a far bigger traitor then Jane.
True - and some were dealt with, some esaped justice and were later pardoned and some may be living down the street from you - :lol: Point is she exemplifies the example of a public figure inserting their ignorant and unwanted opinions into politics. Had she just shut up and just continued to shake her little ass in B movies, she probably would of made out a lot better.

TO
What part
1 strayed over the line
2 Jane was terribly wrong
3 went over the top
don't you understand because in no place did I commend her stand so maybe a course in remedial reading might be in order
I just stated it was a very different time for those of us that were not there inferring the younger ones here

TO
What part
1 strayed over the line
2 Jane was terribly wrong
3 went over the top
don't you understand because in no place did I commend her stand so maybe a course in remedial reading might be in order
I just stated it was a very different time for those of us that were not there inferring the younger ones here

First of all pb, I did not mean anything personal in my posts. "clueless" and "lost" refer to your opinions, not to you.

But the Viet Nam War and Jane Fonda are very sensitive issues to me and I felt the tone of your posts was to in some way defend her, and take issue with the way I described her (bitch, piece of sh*t, etc).

I lost a number of friends there and I was on active duty while she was sitting on that NVA AAA battery.

We are on the opposite sides of the political spectrum, I realize that, but I hope that I live to see that bitch die, for I will be the first to dance on her grave.

TO

"Liberalism is not a political choice. It is an incurable mental illness that has done to America in 2 decades what our enemies could not do in 2 centuries"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back