Vintage Wings Open Day - Ottawa, Canada

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

V6Goose

Recruit
Oct 30, 2007
www.goosesworld.com
Hey guys...

Once again this year, Vintage Wings (.ca) is holding an open day this Saturday 7 June 2008.

They have a Mustang, Hurricane, Corsair, Spitfire and many other excellent aircraft, all in flying condition for your perusal.

I will be shooting the event and will post some pix here if anyone is interested.

Location map in on their website.

Its a great time!

Goose

Last years: Gooses Airshow Photo's...

Hi Evan...

Thank you very much. Wow! You are quite the aviation photog yourself, excellent work!

My airshow kit is a Canon 20D 100-400mm L IS. All the usual post-production software (Photoshop etc)

I am still trying to justify a 1 DS...:cry:

Cheers!

Goose

Thanks. I'm a Nikon guy, shooting the D50 and D80 right now, putting money together for the D300. I will be out today doing some air-to-air work. This time of year gets kind of slow here in SoCal because of the heat.

One of my old flatmates was a Nikon guy, we had some healthy rivalry I can tell you!

I am envious of your air-to-air shots, location is everything!

I'm off to get some more model and full scale shots this weekend, havent shot much over the winter here, too much snow!

Cheers

Goose

The classic Nikon/Canon duel is right up there with Ford/Chevy, etc. But when it come down to it, the both take great shots in the proper hands.

I had another air-to-air shoot today. Location makes a huge difference with those too. One of the things I love about flying out of Camarillo is you have a great blend of mountains, lakes and ocean for some great backdrops.

You ought to come out this way one winter, there is always something flying around here.

Like em simon.
Like Eric I use a nikon but unike him or yourself my shots in comparison are very medioca. I have the enthusiasm but I find aircraft a really tough subject to capture well without it being just a record shot.
Since the TV went up the spout at the weekend the D300 buying fund has been diverted which is a bit annoying.
I enjoyed looking at your images very much and I hope you get some more super shots to post, have a great days picture taking.

You could still get some super shots with the D50, Lee. While my D80 has taken over the primary slot in the bag, I still use the D50 for statics and short lens shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back