Wait till you hear this! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

muller

Tech Sergeant
Apr 7, 2008
Hibernia
I got into work this morning, there was an e-mail waiting for me saying I have a training class to attend for the machine I'm working on in December. It's in Carrollton, Texas. So I google 'model shops carrollton' and guess what I found? The Squadron.com warehouse is there! :shock:

I just checked their website out and it's open to the public, I'll be like my niece when I bring her to the toystore!
frantic.gif

I'm really looking forward to it! I don't think i'll go mad buying kits, but i will be looking for some tasty extras for the kits I do have, resin and PE bits and decals that are hard to find here.

You don't need a professional solderer at your work by any chance, do you Keith??! :)

(Actually that's only half a joke...seriously looking for work your way!)

Cheers fellas, I did an inventory of my stash so I can check out what extras they have for them.

Thor, I'll be there from the 4th to the 10th of December, whats the weather like in Dallas that time of year?? I'm also hoping to spend a couple of days in Boston on my way home to visit my aunt. This is the level 2 training course, so hopefully I'll be there again for the level 3 course, which is 2 weeks long, sometime early in the new year.

Evan, there's a hiring freeze our in our place at the moment, most PCB manufacturing is gone east out of Ireland! Still there are jobs to be found here, especially in the pharmaceutical manufacturing fields. I know people who have moved into it from boards manufacturing, including the girl that used to repair the boards I debugged.

If we are having a beer call, I will drive up from Houston. @%^$, it is not like I will be working. Do we need to save a place for Lucky?

DBII

Cheers for that DBII, the classes are from 14:30 to 22:30, so I'll have some free time every morning. I'll check that place out!

Well I got a bit more info on this trip, the recommended hotel is at the other end of Addison Airport where the museum is, so hopefully I might see some warbirds taking off and landing! But... I got more news today, news that could jeapordise this trip. They want me to go work in Phoenix for a year, in January. I'll be working on a new machine in Arizona, so I don't know if they'll still want me to go to a class for a machine I won't be working on after December. There's so many managers involved in organising this stuff, I'm hoping there will be a lack of communication between them and the Dallas trip will still be signed off on. [-o<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back