Waiting to be built

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GrauGeist

Generalfeldmarschall zur Luftschiff Abteilung
I know everyone has a primary project (or two, or more) going on, but how many have a stack of kits waiting to be built?

The reason I ask, is because I recently rediscovered a pile (literally) on the top shelf of my back-room's closet. I know that having just one kit is unacceptable, you must always have more!

I guess with all the stuff going on, I forgot they were there! :lol:

Anyway, the list of kits is:

Me262 A-1a/U4 - MPM 1/72
Me262 V9 or V12 - MPM 1/72
Me262 A-2a/U2 - MPM 1/72
Me262 A-1a/U3 or V056 - MPM 1/72
Nakajima Kikka - MPM 1/72
Me262 X (three seater concept) - Special Hobby 1/72
He1078a - Special Hobby 1/72
Me262 1 of 4 (A-1a, A-2a, B-1a or B-1a/U1) - Jo-Han 1/72
Me P-1111 - PM 1/72
He162 - Lindberg 1/72 (This one is vintage, made in 1965!)
A6M5 Zero - Starfix 1/72
P-51D - Starfix 1/72
Spitfire MK IX - Starfix 1/48
Bf109E - Starfix 1/48
Bf109G - Starfix 1/48

And three modern era:
Grumman A-6A - BEN 1/100
Douglas A-4E - BEN 1/100
Vought A-7A - BEN 1/100

Now I'm wondering what I have out in the garage...:?:

Here's a pic of the He162 kit:

Attachments

• He162.jpg
    He162.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 167
nice find :D Hopefully you find some more hiding around :)

I have about 40+ at last count filling my wardrobe.

A certain Wayne Little and Wurger may scare as all though with their estimates of un made kits though :lol:
Cheers

I have about 5-8 in all stages of construction plus about 100 in the wardrobe

For me I always seem to start a kit then somehow forget about it and start another

Let me just say that I have about 10 primary Planes, Ships and Tanks on the go.....another 10-20 secondary subjects started and MANY hundreds still to attack!:D with no hidden surprises!:shock:

Once again, we seem to do the same things! I haven't nearly as many, but, on the go at the moment, is the P38 and B26, a few small things on a Beaufighter, likewise on a Phmntom FG1 and P47D, with a bit more finishing on a B17G, all of these 1/48th. scale. Then there's repair or final fit of detail parts to about 4 1/32nd scale, plus the same on a couple of 1/35th panzers! Oh!, and build a 1/35th diorama of 21st panzer, Normandy; 3x PzKfw IV's, 2x trucks, 2x Kubels, 1 SdK 222, 1 Horch, 2 x motorbikes, 30+ figures....!
But I've only got about 12 or so untouched kits stashed away!
Then I've got a bit (a lot!!) of work to do for the diorama guide. Better get cracking, 'bye!

lol Lucky,

Yep...it's dated 1965 on the box. the end of the box has been opened, but the innards are all there, and I don't know if I'll ever build it, seeing as how it's such a collectible nowdays.

The Jo-Han kit is a vintage kit also, it dates to the late 60's and is also 100% intact.

I always thought that Jo-Han and Lindberg only made car kits....
See! Another thing learned thanks to modeling....! :lol:
And what about Starfix??? Never heard about them! :shock:

At last count, I have 115 models waiting to be built, mostly a/c, some armor (mostly tanks), and no ships. And, yes, I will most likely leave this earth before finishing all of them (as my wife constantly reminds me whenever I get a new one to add to the collection!).

I've just learned something through modelling. The amount of lead placed in the engine cowlings of a 1/48th. scale Marauder, in order to keep the nosewheel on the deck, is equally proportional to the amount of times said cowlings fall off the model, therbey increasing the flow of expletives, which in turn leads to my nearest neighbour, who is Polish, increasing his English vocabulary at an unprecendented rate. Also, the dividends to the share holders of Tamiya will, of course, increase, due to the amount of Bl***y masking tape I have had to use to retain the offending cowlings, whilst the superglue and polystyrene cement take effect, which, of course, will, by tomorrow, lead to an increase in sales of those adhesives, improving last quarter profits for the adhesive manufactuters. Bo*****s!!!

Dang...ok, so I thought I was the greedy one with my hoard...aparently not, and I'm glad to see that others think the same way, and do a much finer job at aquisition than myself!

Lucky, the Starfix kits I have, were purchased about 10 years ago at a discount store, the quality is not all that great and I think the company was out of the UK, but is no longer in business?

Jo-Han and Lindberg made aircraft back in the days of the great kits by Hawk, Monogram and Revell. Lindberg made a good number of aircraft kits, many of them I had as a kid.

And Airframes, I feel your pain, really...I had a similiar problem with a 1/48 Me262 kit, where I had to place weights in the nose. Just when I thought I had the weight perfect, I discover that I hadn't compensated for the engine's addition changing the center of gravity...naturally this was discovered *after* I glued the fuselage together...so I carefully cut the fuselage apart, placed a larger weight in the nose and reglued it. Perfect, I thought...*or not*...the nose gear didn't appreciate the additional weight, and was prone to collapsing. Sooo...after hurling impressive insults at it (even your Polish neighbor would have been impressed) and leaving it for a few days, I went back and re-inforced the gear with a steel pin and epoxied the whole freakin' thing in place...not once using the hammer that I had originally intended!

Worked like a charm! :lol:

Nice one Grey Ghost! I thought I had put enough lead in the limited room in the fuselage, but the C/G is just about 5mm ahead of the wing leading edge, which meant packing the forward engine cowls. Of course, the locating tabs are small and narrow, and the weight of lead had its effect. Glad to say they have now stayed stuck, otherwise I would hav been reaching for a very large hammer! I wouldn't care, but I was going to go to bed 2 hours ago, as it's now 02.00 hrs. here!

I have had nine kits in the top of my closet for 3 years now and one on the workbench for 2 years. I think it was something I was going to get interested in again, but haven't touched it.

Maybe someday soon.

i've got a tempest and a 190 dora from academy plus a 109 G from revell still boxed and an F4U-5 from the korean war almost built but i cant find the right paint for it my local shop only stocks humbrol and hasnt got the right one, is humbrol number 15 midnight blue a suitable choice for 1950's usmc corsairs any help with the colour will be greatfully recieved guys

Yes, Rochie, in that scale it's a fairly close match, though that era isn't my field of expertise (is any?!!!). Add a bit of weathering if in doubt, and it should look O.K. If that dumb shop is still causing problems, try mail order. Model Hobbies are good, and they have a colour illustrated web site. Just 'google' modelhobbies, and it's the top one on the list. Deliveries are normally next day, £3.30 blanket charge, no matter size of order. Or, if you're really stuck, give me a shout at home and I'll get them from my local shop and post them up to you.
Cheers mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back