Walney Island Airshow 2005

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Would just like to add a thread from my favourite show of the year. It was as good as getting a flying legends for those of us 'oop north' 5 x Spitfires, 2 x P-51D's, Hurricane, Dakota, Anson plus some quality aeros a cracking Hunter debut (XE601) plus a couple of the RAF's demos. A great day out and well worth putting in the diary when it's held again in 2007........
some of these you have already seen but anyway................
extra300-8.gif

extra300-7.gif

catcloseup.gif

bbd-cp.gif

formation-2cp.gif

huntercloseup.gif

huntercp-2.gif

huntercrop.gif

hurricanecloseup.gif

hurricanecloseup-2.gif

janie-1.gif

janiecloseup.gif

mustangpair.gif

ml407-14.gif

maggiecp.gif

maggie-4.gif

nosetotail.gif

pl965cp.gif

poop.gif

PT462closeup.gif

PT462inverted.gif

skybolt-9.gif

skybolt-10.gif

skybolt-11good.gif

skybolt-13close-up.gif

spitab910-3.gif

spitmk356.gif

spitPT462-2.gif

spitPT462-3.gif

T-33cp.gif

ub-19.gif

ub-18.gif

yak-9.gif

yakcp-2.gif

yakcp-3.gif

yak-break-1.gif

when i look through the shots i took on the day, i still find shots i have seen. I must of took nearly 1000 on the day :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:lol: nice stuff, crippen, annother member on the boards here, also went to that show..........

The show was a great success, but origionally it was going to have a lot of RAF participation, but with RIAT being on the same weekend they got stuffed by the RAF. I think this worked to the shows advantage and hopefully through a few contacts made during the weekend i might get to bend the organisers ears a fair bit before the 2007 show.

Hi Chris, As you know, i went to this air show last year and really enjoyed it (even more so as it was free), but last month a friend sent me the video of the whole show..... tiz good hun.
Im calling off at Walney after my Hadrians Wall walk at the end of this month, have they finished the museum yet?

Hey Skimmy, that's my daughters favourite plane the T -33. she wants flying lessons next year, I think she will be a natural.

the lancaster kicks *** said:
will her's be in candian markings? we don't want her picking up any bad habbits..........
Ya can't go wrong with the big red maple leaf.:thumbleft:

...Unless maybe you're trying to act patriotic in downtown Québec City or something. :-k
So we'll just stay the hell out of there! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back