Was going to ask about copyright then found this... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

johnchanlon

Airman
Dec 14, 2008
johnchanlon.com
Hi all,

I was going to pose some questions about copyright issues then I found this thread:

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/flight-test-data/bf-110-analysis-6399.html

Just thought after looking through the forums and copyright apparently being an issue for some people that maybe the above thread could be highlighted in some way as also being associated with the copyright topic?

Appart from some edited posts it is a sensible discussion on the issue for any that are concerned about it or want to get some feed back on their views.

The main reason I was going to ask is that I have been posting some stuff on my personal site JohnCHanlon.com to share with anyone that may be interested. And for those wondering, yes you will see some of the stuff that has been posted here (eventually anyway)

John.

Hi all,

I was going to pose some questions about copyright issues then I found this thread:

Just thought after looking through the forums and copyright apparently being an issue for some people that maybe the above thread could be highlighted in some way as also being associated with the copyright topic?

Appart from some edited posts it is a sensible discussion on the issue for any that are concerned about it or want to get some feed back on their views.

The main reason I was going to ask is that I have been posting some stuff on my personal site JohnCHanlon.com to share with anyone that may be interested. And for those wondering, yes you will see some of the stuff that has been posted here (eventually anyway)

John.

John, the Admin Mods keep an eye on things like these, if you have permission to post photos from other people they should be properly attributed.

Hi all,

John.

John - they way copyright laws work in this part of the world is simple - if you post an image or document on the internet and someone copies it or posts it on a site like this and its not for monetary gain, there should be no foul. The one "borrowing" the image should give credit to his or her source, but in reality that's more of a courtesy rather than a "law." One who "may feel" their photo or image is copyright sensitive shouldn't place it on the internet to begin with or protect on their site from hot linking or copying. Where we get very upset is when we find folks complaining about us making available to our membership WW2 documents, especially from US Government sources when they claim they have copyright to public domain material or material that is traded "not for profit."

Hey Flyboy, So can I post pix from the USAF museum about the F-82 as long as I give credit to the author (if known), or should I just not do it in the first place? I feel that the info on the USAF website has been paid for by my taxes, (Sorry, I meant "CONTRIBUTIONS"...), and therefore is fair game. I know on YouTube there is all sorts of violations, but this isn't quite the same, is it? I would like to upload some pix, so let me know. Thanks, Don Lowe

Flyboy, pt II, also is there a thread for the Twin Mustang, or can I start one with some history of this unknown aircraft?? Thanks, and Merry Christmas. Don Lowe

Hey Flyboy, So can I post pix from the USAF museum about the F-82 as long as I give credit to the author (if known), or should I just not do it in the first place? I feel that the info on the USAF website has been paid for by my taxes, (Sorry, I meant "CONTRIBUTIONS"...), and therefore is fair game. I know on YouTube there is all sorts of violations, but this isn't quite the same, is it? I would like to upload some pix, so let me know. Thanks, Don Lowe
Don - knock your self out! Post away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back