Weapon Photo for the Day (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mikec1

Banned
Jul 9, 2013
Georgia, USA
Greetings Guys gals;

An interesting photograph of someone's Grandmother Grandfather .......... :D ..... :D

"Would you like to have another cup of tea, dear" ......... ?

thopso10.jpg

Enjoy,

Mike

By the summer of 1940 many Home Guard units had a bewildering assortment of weapons. There were many Canadian Ross rifles but American weapons were also becoming plentiful, including some Browning machine guns. Home Guard units were not typically issued with the Lee Enfield rifle at this early stage of the war though I know of some acquired by a battalion of the Buckinghamshire Home Guard, along with some Lewis guns, from an "unofficial source" that nobody would name or could remember sixty years later!
The photo above is undated and the soldier's unit is not evident, so it would be difficult to ascertain the provenance of that particular American weapon :)
A lot of men served in the Home Guard, many Counties had several battalions comprising between ten and twenty thousand volunteers. These included transport units, anti aircraft artillery, some even had anti aircraft rocket units. Unlike "Dad's Army" they were usually commanded by very eminent officers from bygone conflicts.

I personally know of one Webley .455 calibre revolver which somehow found its way into my family's possession during the war. It wasn't handed in until re-discovered in the 1970s

Cheers

Steve

That drum magazine might look cool, but it's heavy when filled to capacity and it's a son of a :xcensoredx: to load! You have to twist the "thumbscrew" to tension the spring while loading the .45 rounds, and the dang thing always slips a little just about the time you have your thumb in there...you never come away from the experience without losing some of your thumbnail.

That drum magazine might look cool, but it's heavy when filled to capacity and it's a son of a :xcensoredx: to load! You have to twist the "thumbscrew" to tension the spring while loading the .45 rounds, and the dang thing always slips a little just about the time you have your thumb in there...you never come away from the experience without losing some of your thumbnail.
Greetings GrauGeist;

..... How right you are ......... that drum spring has been known to break peoples fingers .......... :shock:

I have a friend in Maryland that has a 1921, and a 1928/A1 Thompson. He inherited the 1921 from his
Grandfather. He kept it, with the stock removed, under the bar. The one that I liked was the 1928/A1
with the 70 round drum magazine, and the Cuts compensator on the end of the barrel. The 1921 did
not have a compensator on it. It would get kind of squarely at times ..........
suspec10.gif

Later,

Mike

Greetings Guys Gals;

Today you get to see some new technology. This one is still hard
for me to believe. I downloaded this video, and have watched it
at least 2 dozen times. I have play it in slow motion, and single
frame. The best I can tell ....... The vid may-haps be real prof
of invisibility.

Watch this guy, fire a RPG and hit the a tank
and remain invisible, and run away. When the search
teem arrives the soldier climbs onto another tank to hide.
..... Talk about B***s ......... Hide in the last place the search
squad would look for him. The squad wonders around
looking for him............ Where did he go.... and he is
right under there nose. This one is hard to believe.......
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKQe-1BUFQ

Enjoy,

Mike

Last edited:
Greetings Guys Gals;

Some real nice footage of the 280mm, or 28cm, gun carriage. aka K-5, (Leopold).

Note: The german navy during WW-II used this gun in there Battle Cruisers, the 11 in gun. To be correct, three of them per turret

For the maxim destruction people I am including Annie.

The majority of the soldiers that participated in this US Army experiment later died from
various types of cancer...... no ****, this is documented information......... :((

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxykqgRodTc
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTdy1Yp1h5A....
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTAO5XjhrVo

Mike

Attachments

• 11in Turret_01.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back