Weight and Balance for Grumman Tigercat

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

v1simdev

Recruit
Apr 11, 2022
Hi!

I'm wondering if anyone has any weight and balance information for the F7F-3 Tigercat?

I'm looking for a weight and balance report, if it's out there...

Hi!

I'm wondering if anyone has any weight and balance information for the F7F-3 Tigercat?

I'm looking for a weight and balance report, if it's out there...
Hi! Are you looking for the general weight and balance sheet found in the maintenance manual, or a completed report for a specific aircraft?

Which ever will have the arms of the various components and loading positions.
I think all I need is the arm for the position of the CG at the Aircraft Empty Weight, but I'd be really happy to have all the data contained in a complete weight and balance report. It'd be great to have the CG locations of all the components.

I'm building a flight simulator model of the F7F-3 and I'm battling with calculating the correct CG location. I have the flight test report from WWII Aircraft Performance and the aircraft tested had their loaded CG at nearly exactly 25% MAC.

If I can avoid trying to work backwards to figure out the empty CG from the info I've already got, it would help a great deal.

I have the 01-85FA-1 and 01-85FA-2 manuals but I haven't yet found any specific data about aircraft weight and balance in either of the files.

If someone can find one of these for a F7F-3 Tigercat I would be a happy human.

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 11.12.10.png

Well, I emailed Northrop Grumman a couple days ago - no response.

I busted out the internet search engine, ruler and geometry set.

Printed out a plan view of the aircraft and measured it myself with a Mk1 mod 0 eyeball and precisely machined point HB lead scribe instrument.

Seems to have worked out ok.

Well, I emailed Northrop Grumman a couple days ago - no response.

I busted out the internet search engine, ruler and geometry set.

Printed out a plan view of the aircraft and measured it myself with a Mk1 mod 0 eyeball and precisely machined point HB lead scribe instrument.

Seems to have worked out ok.
I don't think Northrop/ Grumman is going to help. I have found over the years people in their PR department (and other manufactures) are generally clueless with regards to situation like this. Sometimes you have former employees who run volunteer groups that might have some data.

This is what I suggest

From the FAA registry there is one F7F registered. You can write to the owner listed or do an internet search of the guy and see if he can give you information.

1651860153592.png

1651860173757.png

I don't think Northrop/ Grumman is going to help. I have found over the years people in their PR department (and other manufactures) are generally clueless with regards to situation like this. Sometimes you have former employees who run volunteer groups that might have some data.

This is what I suggest

From the FAA registry there is one F7F registered. You can write to the owner listed or do an internet search of the guy and see if he can give you information.
Unfortunately true, it would seem.

Another great suggestion; I reached out to Lewis Air Legends on their FaceBook page but no response as of a couple of days ago.

I'll rattle some other owner's cages and see what I can turn up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back