Weightlifting/fitness anyone?

Do you go to Gym?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pisis

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2004
Praga Mater Urbium
I started to "witness the fitness" again. Since my community center re-opened the gym after the Summer holidays, I've been there maybe some 10 times (this means 2-3 times per week). On beginning of the month, I wieghted more than 70 kilograms, now I have only 67. It is a good sign, I hope. And really I feel stronger and it's quite obvious.

Now the question is, what is the correct nutrition? I try to eat at least three times a day and to pattern the meals correctly to gain all needed chemicals. Right after the excerse, I drink a half litre of fruity milk to take the proteins, after returning home I eat some fruit and mostly some more extensive dinner. I also add regulary (gym, no-gym) pills like Zinc, Calcium, Magnesium, viatmin ABC, Fish Fat, etc...

Has anyone here experinece with gym/weightlifting's correct form of intaking nutrients? Any help greatly appreciated. :)

Pisis

I don't go to the gym but I keep myself fit. I run two miles every morning and work out at home. It's much cheaper.

plan_D said:
I don't go to the gym but I keep myself fit.
-I also tried to work out at home but there it's allways shit. Gym is irrecoverable - you cannot keep yourself dilating only with pushups or handbells.

plan_D said:
I run two miles every morning and work out at home.
-Running is a commendable!

plan_D said:
It's much cheaper.
-I got it for free!

To get bigger, u need to do the following...

Eat ALOT of protein, ALOT....

Use heavier weights than ur normally used to... Heavy enough that u can only do 4-5 reps urself... Get in 3-4 sets with 6-8 reps each set....

Eat alot of protein... If ur wondering how much, ur not eating enough....

You want to be in pain when u are done... U'll need someone to spot u and assist in getting those 8 reps....

Eat smaller meals many many times a day, 6 times or so.... Ur body will metabolize the food u eat alot more efficiently this way, getting all the protein and vits/mins, rather than it going out ur ass.........

To get bigger, ur going to gain some fat Pisis.... Fact of life.... Use a 6 month plan and after 4 months of weight and mass gaining, then switch ur routine up and burn off the unwanted fat, and ripped u shall be......

For protein intake, I recommend Tuna Fish, Hard Boiled Eggs and Supplemental Protein Powder... Beans are a good sourse as well if u like em.... I used to eat 4 cans of Tuna a day....

Carbs arent that big a deal right now... U'll get enough of them from all the other foods u intake, but eat all the Pasta u can... It will help ur tiny little Czech ass gain weight...

STAY AWAY FROM CANDY AND SWEET FRUITS.... Grapefruit is OK and works well with the Tuna...

Keep extremely well hydrated... Alot of H20.... The more water u drink, the less ur body will retain....

My diet is crap Les, I used to do a bit of Gym work but got pissed off with posers they would strut around then go outside and have a cigerette so it was nothing to do with health just what they looked like and the Body Builders would stuff steroids then become over agressive and get pissed off cause there sex life went tits up.
I have started to look at my eating habits and I really need to change them I also have joined a weekly speed walking group the old boy who runs it has just competed in 3 marathons over a 5 day period so he seems to have a fair idea on keeping trim.
But I reakon if any fella on this site has any ideas on fitness and toning I would have thought it would be you Les. Just dont get me eating mountains of pasta I like it but not that much and I have no intentions of doing any route marches again. :lol:

The massive amounts of pasta and protein are strictly for GAINING weight and muscle mass.......

As far as supplements go, there are alot of things u can take, but remember, anything ur body doesnt metabolize comes right out ur ass... Amino Acids are excellent for both mass and ripping... Panethoic Acid, Ginsing, Bee Pollen, Red Clover, Niacin, ect ect...

Speed walking is SOOOOOOOO much better for u than runing.... U actually burn more calories with a proper speed walk than jogging....

I go to the gym all the time, and I see these idiot 'roiders everyday... There is a certain value to posing in mirrors, flexing those muscles.. It adds confidence and motivates u to continue the workout...

To alleviate the cramping, eat a banana before working out, or a supplemental potassium product....

I just do the two mile run to keep me at a fitness level that's acceptable. I can do it, and that's all I need. I have a really fast metabolism and everything I eat (which is a lot), I burn off. I also skip for 30 minutes a day, keeps me light on my feet. And stretch a lot, naturally...helps with the running.

Thanks for the advice Les! Very very appreciated!

I do it as follows:

4-6 series per 10-15 repetes
1) 50% - warmup
2) 80% - start
3) max (4) + 5) max)
6) 80% - finish pump

- I have a buddy for assistance
- I follow the rule "no pain no gain" (very often I have a redout during the maximum peaks)
- I try to (not allways succesful...) eat before and RIGHT after the workout

Now some questions/remarks:
- I drink at least one bottle (1,5 litre) of water during the excersise itself (without refilling I start to breath badly)
- I wear two layers (not allways) - under (to absorb the sweat) and upper (to not let out the muscle heat)

Is it fine?

Thanks for your help!

lesofprimus said:
U dont need to warm up... Thats what the stretching accomplishes....

I stretch very little...

Now some questions/remarks:
- I drink at least one bottle (1,5 litre) of water during the excersise itself (without refilling I start to breath badly)
- I wear two layers (not allways) - under (to absorb the sweat) and upper (to not let out the muscle heat)
This fine?

And I quite don't understand the sentence: "Keep extremely well hydrated... Alot of H20.... The more water u drink, the less ur body will retain...." Retain what?

Your body retains water in ur cells, in the event u get dehydrated... By constantly keeping ur body overhydrated, ur body realizes it doesnt need the extra cellular water, and uses that water up, thereby decreasing the amount of water actually stored in ur body...

Wierd I know, but in laymans terms, its the best I can do lol...

The clothing is fine, although I usually carry a towel to absorb the sweat, and wear as little as possible, shirt-wise... Mkae sure to wipe down the equipment after u use it.... I hate when dudes leave thier smelly ass sweat all over the place...

U have got to learn to stretch dude.... Its a priority... Spend 15 minutes prior to the workout stretching and bending, do some pushups ect ect.... U'd be amazed at how much difference it makes to ur workout, plus it might save u from a nasty injury....

U should be using a shit load of weight Pisis... More than ur used to using if u want to get bigger...

It's called "over-drive" or at least that's what we knew it as in Physical Education. If you think it's 100% of your effort, you push it harder. Pushing to your limit just keeps you the same, pushing beyond it is the only way to get better at it.

I stretch for AT LEAST 15 minutes before my run. Being flexible reduces the friction on my muscles as the they don't pull on each other as much and leg movement is easier. I also stretch for like 10 minutes afterwards to cool down, and you stretch more when you're hot. Then after a 5-10 minute rest I proceed to 30 minute skipping, alternating through my feet...one to the other and so on. I'm more for basic cardio and flexibility than anythin'

Just givin' some information in my exercise.

lesofprimus said:
Your body retains water in ur cells, in the event u get dehydrated... By constantly keeping ur body overhydrated, ur body realizes it doesnt need the extra cellular water, and uses that water up, thereby decreasing the amount of water actually stored in ur body...

Wierd I know, but in laymans terms, its the best I can do lol...

The clothing is fine, although I usually carry a towel to absorb the sweat, and wear as little as possible, shirt-wise... Mkae sure to wipe down the equipment after u use it.... I hate when dudes leave thier smelly ass sweat all over the place...

U have got to learn to stretch dude.... Its a priority... Spend 15 minutes prior to the workout stretching and bending, do some pushups ect ect.... U'd be amazed at how much difference it makes to ur workout, plus it might save u from a nasty injury....

U should be using a s**t load of weight Pisis... More than ur used to using if u want to get bigger...

Oh, now I got it. Thx. ;)

And sure I use the dress only once - then it goes to smell-bin... I also hate people who stink in the gym - it makes you so much disturbed...

Well, I dont go to the gym, but I ride at least 20 miles at least 3 times a week on my bike, 80 push ups every night, as many pull ups as I can do every other day, and as many crunches as I can do every day (usually around 90-100) Now all I gotta do is start running...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back