Well...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

plan_D

Lieutenant Colonel
Apr 1, 2004
...after many moons away, I felt the need to say that I'm now a qualified aircraft engineer. :D And I unfortunately was there to see Big Beautiful Doll go down. :( Hello!

Nice to see you're still here, pal. Everything has changed for me; currently working on the line at Manchester Airport for Thomas Cook. I am thinking of going over to the U.S. next year to get my A P license after I get my EASA Part A license.

How are you? What are you up to now? And how is the missus?

Thanks all. It was bad enough to see the tri-plane trip up, but at least everything was okay with that. Other than all that, the day at Duxford was amazing...even though they never mentioned that the three Me 109s were Merlin engined variants, or I may have missed that when enjoying an ice cream.

Oh yes; an added bonus to the day was a book I bought called Lightning Boys with the sigantures of the pilots there - one was in 11 (F) Squadron, it was great to ask my dad about the man - and he was an ass in the 1970s, and frankly quite rude in 2011 too. The stories in it are great, and showing my dad then hearing his takes on them makes it better.

Nice to see you're still here, pal. Everything has changed for me; currently working on the line at Manchester Airport for Thomas Cook. I am thinking of going over to the U.S. next year to get my A P license after I get my EASA Part A license.

How are you? What are you up to now? And how is the missus?

Not bad. Just working and going back to school. Wife is done with her Masters in Biology and we are applying for jobs all over the world right now (but we really want to get back to Alaska). You guys have any jobs up there at Thomas Cook for an A&P? ;)

How is your missus anyhow, you guys still together?

Thanks all, it's all been one massive ball ache to say the least; it's not enough to learn how to fix aircraft anymore.

Thomas Cook don't require A P unfortunately, Chris, to get it is more for my own career advancement - there seems to be a few British companies wanting to get contracts for line work on U.S. aircraft, plus I could move onto America and see what work I could get there.

Will do, Joe, I hear there's courses you can do over there for a few thousand dollars and I guess it can't be that much different to the EASA licenses. That's at least six months down the line though. For now I am studying business and stock trading in my spare time, I already have a few thousand floating around on the stock market with a 86% return last year... and want to make more!

Good to see most of the crowd are still here.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back