Wellingtons and sono-buoys (High Tea) (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WATU

Senior Airman
300
187
Sep 1, 2019
I was browsing through the ORBs from UK National Archives for 304 (Polish) Squadron for May 1945. I was surprised to read that as the war in Europe ended they were receiving Wellingtons equipped with sono-buoys (High Tea). I knew they were fitted in late mark Liberators and used on operations but that was the first time I had seen sono-buoys linked to Wellingtons.. Anyone have information on the fitting in Wellingtons and if other squadrons were equipped earlier and used it on operations?
 
I couldn't find anything, only squadrons that I found were 172, 179, 304 and possibly 612
 
I couldn't find anything, only squadrons that I found were 172, 179, 304 and possibly 612
Hi. 612 and 172 Wellington squadrons, probably, had ASV Mk VIA radar bombsights. 524 and 304 definitely did. That is what I was looking at. As yet I have not seen mention of 179 but will look into it. Where did you see 179 named? It was in the 304 ORBs that High Tea was mentioned. Thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back