Werk Nummer on Fw190A-8s (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

von hahn

Airman 1st Class
Aug 2, 2008
JNB
Hi all,

Quick question- was the aircraft's Werknummer ALWAYS displayed on Fw190 A-8s? Reason being, in research I have been doing for my next modelling project, I have come across a number of profiles of 190s where there is no Wnr displayed.Was this authentic for late war Fw190s sometimes not to have the Werknummer displayed, or was it always present on every aircraft? I'm also trying to find out if the 8./JG300 Fw190 "black 10" flown by Karl Spenst had its werknummer displayed.

Thanks!
vh

not sure about the black 10 you ask about..but Fw 190`s had the werknumber when factoryfresh ( but it was often painted over when the plane got a new livery.. so very often one does not see it all..on the white 7 at dulles the complete werknumber is painted on one side and only half on the other side ( 931884 on the left side and only 884 on the right ) but this was one of the first paintschemes on this Fw..later paintjobs did not sport the werknumber ) so i think that is so and so about the werknumber ! guess it all depended on the guy who did the paintjob in the field when it was given new paintjobs. so its not a rule that it should sport the werknumber in the tail :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back