Western Canadian Regional Model Contest (2012)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not bad at all for OOB. Not sure about the weathering on the Hurricane though!
If it's 'single prop', then none of them would qualify - perhaps it should be called 'Single engine'?

Just a thought...
if it had more than one engine, one gear leg off, and a board holding th wing up from the wing tip.....

would it be considered a "single prop"?
just sayin.....

That hurri just don't look right.....the others not so bad!

Young modeller newly experimenting with weathering? I must admit that I never weathered my early models for years and years and years. Didn't know how. Only now have first begun to give it thought watching you guys.

Yeah, I agree about that Hurricane. Looks a bit odd.

Anyway, the next category, similar to above, is the 1/48 OOB Single Prop (single engine, as many blades as you want, whatever...!) Axis.

Gold goes to a fine Hasegawa B7A2 Grace torpedo bomber:

Hasegawa B7A-2 Grace Gold 1.jpg

Hasegawa B7A-2 Grace Gold 2.jpg

Silver went to this Tamiya Rufe:

Tamiya Rufe Silver.jpg

And to round out an all-Japanese sweep, a Hasegawa J7W1 Shinden taking bronze:

Hasegawa J7W1 Shinden Bronze.jpg

Okay, I know nuuuuthink. Someone Splane the Grace to me.

Wing mounted real high on the fuselage. Wgere does the spar extend thru the cockpit? Wing bent to shorten the gear legs. The prop doesn't seem that big, like the corsair. The torpedoes are well below the fuselage, no wing clearance problem.

Is it a stability thing?

Young modeller newly experimenting with weathering? I must admit that I never weathered my early models for years and years and years. Didn't know how. Only now have first begun to give it thought watching you guys.

The model itself looks well constructed, and general paint work good...it's the way in which the "weathering" of the roundels and fuselage is done that puts it out of balance.

..that Grace is not too bad either!

Wow. I liked all three. And the rising sun base with the the plexiglass stand was actually very well done. Wonderful.

And Wildcat, I'm trying to go off memory, but I think the Grace has an internal bomb bomb bay that likely could not hold a torpedo. Thus the bomb bay would force a higher wing/fuselage joint for the main spar and the gull wing would be necessary not only for the prop clearance, but also to physically shorten the main gear length for carrier landings. Thus serving two primary purposes.

Yes Mike I did and they'll be coming up. Did this happen to be yours by any chance? Sorry, I didn't see this post before I looked in on your Albatross build but did you end up going to the show?

Yes Mike I did and they'll be coming up. Did this happen to be yours by any chance? Sorry, I didn't see this post before I looked in on your Albatross build but did you end up going to the show?

Hi Andy, the C-130 was built by Paul Holmes and I understand it did very well in the contest. No, I wasn't at the show, unfortunately I had other commitments. Congrats on your wins, though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back