Western Canadian Regional Model Contest (2012)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks David, and thanks, Mike for the kudos and info on the Herc. Guys this one will be worth seeing so stick around.

Wow. I liked all three. And the rising sun base with the the plexiglass stand was actually very well done. Wonderful.

And Wildcat, I'm trying to go off memory, but I think the Grace has an internal bomb bomb bay that likely could not hold a torpedo. Thus the bomb bay would force a higher wing/fuselage joint for the main spar and the gull wing would be necessary not only for the prop clearance, but also to physically shorten the main gear length for carrier landings. Thus serving two primary purposes.

That's pretty much it, Matt.

The Grace was to replace the B6N Jill and D4Y Judy having the dual capability of internal bombs or external Torpedo, it was fast and highly manoeverable despite its size, by the time it became operational the only carrier capable of operating it, the IJN Taiho, was sunk at the battle of the phillipine Sea. So it was deployed for land based operations.

Next up is the 1/48 OOB Multi-prop category. First place went to this Dragon Ju88G-6.

Attachments

• Dragon Ju88G6 Gold 1.jpg
    Dragon Ju88G6 Gold 1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Dragon Ju88G6 Gold 2.jpg
    Dragon Ju88G6 Gold 2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 59
Looks nice. The mottling appears to have become laborious in some places and it draws your eye, but overall very well done.

Dunno Matt. It is OOB but I think aerials are allowed (I wouldn't know, would I?!).

Third place is this Tamiya Beaufighter Mk IV.

Attachments

• Tamiya Beaufighter MkIV Bronze 1.jpg
    Tamiya Beaufighter MkIV Bronze 1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Tamiya Beaufighter MkIV Bronze 2.jpg
    Tamiya Beaufighter MkIV Bronze 2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 66
Here are the runners up in this category. Revell Ju-52, Tamiya Lancaster Mk 3, and Trumpeter Wellington Mk 1C

Attachments

• Revell Ju52 1.jpg
    Revell Ju52 1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Revell Ju52 2.jpg
    Revell Ju52 2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Revell Ju52 3.jpg
    Revell Ju52 3.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Tamiya Lancaster Mk 3 1.jpg
    Tamiya Lancaster Mk 3 1.jpg